This exam will test field engineers' knowledge on the 802.1X concepts, components, and operations, and TrustSec authentication, access control, and end-user policy. Candidates will be tested on how to identify the steps and options for configuring a switch and a Wireless LAN Controller for 802.1X operations with Identity Services Engine (ISE) as the authentication server to authorize network access to employees and guests. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals course.
The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes, the guidelines below may change at any time without notice.
- Identity based networking concepts
- IEEE 802.1X concepts, architecture, and requirements for deployment
- Component requirements for 802.1X operations
- IEEE 802.1X operations in wired and wireless environment
- Designing Identity Based Networks with 802.1X and ISE
The following course is recommended training for this exam:
- Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals
Cisco Partners can access Sales Connect for access to a variety of training content to help them prepare for this exam.
A variety of Cisco Press titles may be available for this exam. These titles can be purchased through the Cisco Marketplace Bookstore, directly from Cisco Press.