Cisco Certified Network Associate Service Provider (CCNA SP) certification is for service provider network engineers, technicians and designers who focus on the latest in Service Provider industry core networking technologies and trends. With the ability to configure, implement, and troubleshoot baseline Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation networks, CCNA SP certified individuals deploy, maintain and improve carrier-grade network infrastructures.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|640-875 SPNGN1||Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)|
|640-878 SPNGN2||Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)|
|NOTE: Updated ICND1, ICND2, and CCNA Composite exams can be applied towards the achievement of several Cisco associate-level certifications. Please visit the Associate-level Exam Logic Tool for more details.|
The following resources are suggested study materials:
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
- CCNA Service Provider Certification Syllabus
- CCNA Service Provider Certification Study Group
- Cisco Learning Network Premium Subscription
- IT Training Videos and Seminars
Get all your CCNA Service Provider questions answered.
Learning Partner Content
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)
The course introduces IP Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture that helps service providers to build modern, scalable, and reliable networks.
» Learn More
Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)
The course provides knowledge of the major components of a service provider network construction and the Cisco service provider IP NGN architecture.
» Learn More
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
The 640-875 Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 exam is associated with the Cisco CCNA Service Provider certification. This exam tests the basic knowledge and skills that are necessary to support a service provider network.
- Learn more about the 640-875 SPNGN1 exam
- Register for the exam
- Read current exam policies and requirements
The 640-878 Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 exam is associated with the Cisco CCNA Service Provider certification. This exam tests the knowledge and skills that are necessary to implement and support a service provider network. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2) course.
CCNA Service Provider certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams or Implementing Cisco Telepresence Installations [ITI] exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page.