Setup for Cisco WebEx Messenger and Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server
This chapter describes how you can set up Cisco Jabber for iPad by using the Cisco WebEx Messenger Administration Tool and Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS).
Setting Up with the Cisco WebEx Messenger Administration ToolProcedure
The Cisco WebEx Messenger Administration Tool allows you to specify settings for instant messaging (IM), availability, and VCS. To learn how to use this tool, see the Cisco WebEx Messenger Administration Guide at http://www.webex.com/webexconnect/orgadmin/help/index.htm.
Cisco recommends that you perform the tasks in this order.
This is a list of high-level tasks that may not include every aspect of your setup. Go to the individual links for more information.
Step 1 Specify organization information. Step 2 Create and provision users. Step 3 Set up IM and availability. Step 4 Specify the VCS settings. Go to http://www.webex.com/webexconnect/orgadmin/help/index.htm?toc.htm?29781.htm. Step 5 Set up meetings.
VCS Setup in a Combined Deployment
When setting up Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS) for the combined deployment of Cisco WebEx Messenger and VCS, use the same procedure described in the chapter for the VCS-only deployment. See Setup for Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server.
Preparing User Instructions
Send an email message with the information that your users need to use Cisco WebEx Messenger and VCS in Cisco Jabber for iPad. For VCS users, send a customized email message from the TMS. The default email template contains a simple message and the username and password.
To learn more about sending account information from the TMS, consult the appropriate documentation:
- If you use the TMS Agent Legacy, see the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Agent Legacy Provisioning Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11338/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html.
- If you use the TMS Provisioning Extension (TMSPE), see the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Provisioning Extension Deployment Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11472/prod_installation_guides_list.html.
Your email message should include the following information:
- Directions to download and install the app, named Cisco Jabber for iPad, from the App Store
- Credentials for the user's accounts:
- Directions to set up accounts in this order:
- Directions to input email address after the user starts the application on their iPad.
- Set up VCS from Settings in the application.
If users sign in with their VCS accounts first, they cannot set up Cisco WebEx Messenger in the application.
- Directions to access the FAQs, which users can view by selecting
- Anything else you may want to communicate with your users