Release and General Information
Cisco Jabber for Windows
About Cisco Jabber for WindowsCisco Jabber for Windows is a unified communications client that provides robust and feature-rich collaboration capabilities that include the following:
- Chat over XMPP including:
- Desk phone control
- Software phone calling
- High definition video
- Video desktop sharing
- Visual voicemail
- Microsoft Office integration
- Directory integration
- Support for custom embedded tabs to render HTML content
Cisco Jabber for Windows has a flexible and modular deployment architecture that enables you to configure and deploy Cisco Jabber for Windows to suit your organizational needs. You can deploy Cisco Jabber for Windows to use on-premises services. Alternatively, you can deploy Cisco Jabber for Windows to use cloud-based services through integration with Cisco WebEx Messenger.
System and Network Requirements
For information regarding system and network requirements, see the System and Network Requirements chapter of the Cisco Jabber for Windows Installation and Configuration Guide.
Documentation ResourcesCisco Jabber for Windows provides the following documentation in addition to this document:
- End-User Guides http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12511/products_user_guide_list.html
- Install and Upgrade Guides http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12511/prod_installation_guides_list.html
- Licensing Information http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12511/products_licensing_information_listing.html
Cisco provides different community resources where you can engage with support representatives or join other community members in product discussions.
- Cisco product conversation and sharing site
- Join other community members in discussing features, functions, licensing, integration, architecture, challenges, and more. Share useful product resources and best practices.
- Cisco support community
- Visit the Cisco support community for IT installation, implementation, and administrative questions.
- Cisco support and downloads
- Find a wealth of product support resources, download application software, and find bugs based on product and version.
- Cisco expert corner
- Engage, collaborate, create, and share with Cisco experts. The Cisco expert corner is a collection of resources that various experts contribute to the community, including videos, blogs, documents, and webcasts.