Unified CCX Release Notes 10.0(1)
Introduction to Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Release 10.0(1)
Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Release 10.0(1) is a major release following Release 9.0.2SUx.
For information about upgrade paths and upgrade time, see the "Unified CCX Upgrade" section of the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Installation and Upgrade Guide, located at:
New and Updated Features for Unified CCX
Cisco Finesse is the next generation browser-based agent and supervisor desktop for Unified CCX. Finesse is an alternative to Cisco Agent Desktop, Cisco Supervisor Desktop, and Cisco Desktop Administrator. Finesse is available with Enhanced and Premium license packages and provides typical inbound voice contact center functionality. It supports Unified Communications Manager-based silent monitoring and workflow-based recording with MediaSense and Work Force Optimization (WFO).
Finesse is deactivated by default. To activate, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Operations Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.Attention:
Do not run Cisco Finesse and Cisco Agent Desktop or Cisco Supervisor Desktop together. Deactivate Finesse when you want to use Cisco Agent Desktop or Cisco Supervisor Desktop.
For more details, see the Cisco Finesse Agent and Supervisor Desktop User Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_user_guide_list.html.
For comparison of Cisco Agent Desktop or Cisco Supervisor Desktop with Finesse desktops, see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11324/prod_white_papers_list.html.
Live Data Reports
Live Data reports access current data to display information about the current state of the contact center. You can access the reports using Unified Intelligence Center and Cisco Finesse.
The team that accesses Live Data reports has a maximum limit of 20 agents.
The following Live Data reports are available in Unified CCX:
Agents can track own performance.
Agent CSQ Statistics Report
Agent State Log Report
Agent Statistics Report
Agent Team Summary Report
Supervisors can monitor the team performance.
Team State Report
Team Summary Report
Voice CSQ Agent Detail Report
Voice CSQ Summary Report
All the Live Data reports are available as gadgets. For more information to configure gadgets, see the Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html.
Unified CCX Home Agent
Extend and Connect allows Unified CCX agents to work from a remote location using devices such as public switched telephone network (PSTN) phones and private branch exchange (PBX) devices. Agents are configured with a Computer Telephone Interface (CTI) remote device (instead of a physical phone) and the agent’s PC has Jabber installed in Extend mode. The agents can set their phone device as the agent phone through the Jabber interface.
To reduce media setup time and enhance caller experience, a persistent connection call is placed to the agent's phone device, which the agent should not disconnect. Routed calls are delivered to the agent seamlessly over the persistent call, and the agent hears a notification when the call comes in.
The home agent feature is supported from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release10.0(1). Also, deploy Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS) Release10.0(1) for Jabber to function. For more information, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Design Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html and the Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, located at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_device_support_tables_list.html.
Perform all call control operations from the desktop (Cisco Agent Desktop or Finesse desktop).
Unified Contact Center Express Configuration APIUnified CCX supports the following REST APIs in this release:
- Provisioning of:
- Recording Configuration—Configures the recording server.
- Cisco Finesse desktop and configuration APIs—See the Cisco Web Services Developer Guide, located at http://developer.cisco.com/web/finesse/docs.
E.164 is supported for agent extensions, route point directory numbers, editor steps and phone book dialing. Organizations can integrate their numbering plan across the enterprise using E.164. For more information on considerations, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Design Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html.
Caller ID Support
Caller ID feature displays the caller's number instead of the CTI port number on the agent's IP phone. Caller ID (CLID) is disabled by default. To enable CLID using a CLI command, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Operations Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.
The following CLI commands are added:
- utils uccx dbreplication dump configfiles—Appends the data of database replication configuration files to a text file.
- utils uccx database healthcheck—Checks the health of Unified CCX database.
- utils uccx database dbperf start—Monitors CPU and database utilization on the Unified CCX server.
- utils uccx database dbperf stop—Stops the current active instance of utils uccx database dbperf start before it runs to completion.
- utils uccx finesse—Activates or deactivates Finesse service on each Unified CCX node in a cluster.
- run uccx hrdataexport—Dumps the historical reporting data and related configuration information on to csv files. A tar file is created that contains all the exported csv files.
- utils uccx icd clid disable—Disables Caller ID.
- utils uccx icd clid enable—Enables Caller ID.
- utils uccx icd clid header header string—Sets the display header on the phone screen.
- utils uccx icd clid prefix prefix string—Sets the prefix string for the calling party number displayed on the phone screen.
- utils uccx icd clid status—Displays the current configuration parameter values for the Caller ID.
- utils uccx security_filter enable—Enables Unified CCX administration security filter settings.
- utils uccx security_filter disable—Disables Unified CCX administration security filter settings.
- utils uccx security_filter status—Displays the status of Unified CCX administration security filter flag.
- utils uccx synctocuic—Synchronizes the users and teams and grants real-time report permissions from Unified CCX to Unified Intelligence Center.
- utils uccx notification-service log—Allows you to enable, disable, and check the status of debug logging for the Unified CCX notification service.
- utils reset_3rdpartygadget_password—Sets or resets the password of the third party gadget account.
For more information, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Operations Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.
Make REST Call Step in Unified CCX Editor
Make REST call is the new scripting step that is added to Unified CCX Editor. This step invokes a REST API within Unified CCX or any external REST API.
For more information, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Editor Step Reference Guide, located at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html.
SSL HTTPS ConnectionThe certificates uploaded using the Cisco Unified OS Administration interface to the Tomcat trust store is available to secure all HTTP connections made during script execution. The following can be secured:
For more information, see the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html.
The OVA template specifications for Unified CCX have changed. If the virtual machine configuration does not match the new OVA profile settings, an error message is displayed in the Application administration page after login. For more information, see the Unified CCX Virtualization wiki, located at http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Contact_Center_Express
The following table displays the new OVA settings:
Unified CCX includes a partition alignment check in the VMware Installation. For more information, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Installation and Upgrade Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_installation_guides_list.html
- Demo license—Fresh install of Unified CCX Release 10.0(1) provides a 25-seats, Premium, Outbound, and WFO demo license that is valid for 60 days.
- MediaSense—Recording licenses and necessary hardware for MediaSense installation are required on Unified CCX to enable workflow-based recording with Finesse. MediaSense imposes a Automatic Limit Protection on the number of concurrent sessions. These sessions include both recording and playback.
- Unified Intelligence Center—Reports are available based on the Unified CCX license package. For more information, see the "Reporting" section of the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Design Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html.
- Work Force Optimization—From Releases 10.0(1), Quality Management, Advanced Quality Management, and Work Force Management can be optionally ordered with Unified CCX Enhanced and Premium licenses.
Java Telephony Application Programming Interface (JTAPI) Logging
Enhanced Security API (ESAPI)
A new security filter is added to the Application Administration component. This filter identifies malicious user input and protects the application against XSS attacks.
If the Application Administration users find any user activity that was allowed earlier is now blocked by the security filter, then disable the security filter using a CLI command. For more information, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Operations Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.
When you switch the version from Unified CCX Release 10.0(1) to a later release using the CLI, then the progress is displayed in the following format:Executing Step X of 10 : <Description of current step.>
When you initiate switch version, the display of progress information starts after the initial system level checks are complete, this takes a few minutes. Until then the following message is displayed:Checking for progress information
The following features are not available from Unified CCX Release 10.0(1):
Historical Reporting Client (HRC)
Unified Intelligence Center is the default reporting client from Unified CCX Release 10.0(1). It is a comprehensive, end-to-end reporting solution. You can access Historical reports and Live Data reports.Attention:
Any custom reports created in HRC need to be manually recreated in Unified Intelligence Center.
For more information, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Report Developer Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html.
Upgrade to Unified CCX Release 10.0(1) from Windows (pre 8.0 release)
Bare metal support
From Release 10.0(1), install Unified CCX only on virtual machines.
Unified CCX child with a Unified CCE parent in a parent/child configuration
Implement an all-Unified CCX or all-Unified CCE deployment.
Cisco Unified IP Phones:
Any supported 79xx series IP phone.
Cisco TelePresence Software:
Cisco Jabber for Windows - Version 9.1.1
Cisco Jabber for Windows - Version 9.2.4, 9.6
Limitations and Restrictions
Unsupported Configurations and Scenarios for Unified CCX
- Shared lines for CTI ports and CTI route points.
- Expansion servers, except for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Text-To-Speech (TTS), SocialMiner and MediaSense, which must be separate, dedicated servers.
- ICD call answer/transfer using any third-party attendant console desk software.
- Use of "Place Call Step" to generate a call and thereafter placing this call in a queue within the same script.
- SIP REFER between a switchboard and Unified CCX if the transfer is completed after the call has been answered on the Unified CCX CTI port because of media reestablishment issues.
- During TTS prompt playback, if the call is put on hold and then retrieved, the prompt does not continue from the position at which it was left.
- Use of "Consult Transfer/Redirect Step" from scripts to a translation pattern that maps back to a route point.
- Use of "Place Call Step" to invoke or dial into "MeetMe" conferences.
Unsupported Actions for Unified CCX Agents
Unsupported and Supported Configurations for Agent Phones
Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones
- Two lines on an agent phone that have the same extension but exist in different partitions.
- Unified CCX extension that is assigned to multiple devices.
- Configuring the same Unified CCX extension in more than one device profile, or configuring the same Unified CCX extension in any combination of device profiles and devices. (Configuring a Unified CCX extension in a single device profile is supported.)
- In the Unified Communication Manager Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Maximum Number of Calls to a value other than 2.
- In the Unified Communication Manager Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Busy Trigger to a value other than 1.
- Configuring a Cisco Unified IP Phone with Secure Real-Time Protocol (SRTP) for use in silent monitoring and recording.
- No Cisco Unified Communications Manager device can be forwarded to the Unified CCX extension of an agent.
- The Unified CCX extension of an agent cannot be configured to forward to a Cisco Unified CCX route point.
- Use of characters other than the numerals 0–9 in the Unified CCX extension of an agent.
- Configuring the Unified Communication Manager intercom feature.
- Configuring the hold reversion feature.
- Agent extensions cannot be added to hunt lists/groups. If an agent has only one line, then the agent phone can not be part of a hunt list/group. In the case of multiple line, none of the monitored lines should be part of the hunt group. For more details on multiple lines support and number of monitored lines, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Design Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html.
- The following operations are not supported in Cisco Agent Desktop/Cisco Supervisor Desktop if you are using Cisco Jabber for Windows as agent phone:
Supported Configurations for Agent Phones
To determine the phone devices that are supported by Cisco Agent Desktop and for use by Cisco Unified IP Phone agents, see the Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_device_support_tables_list.html.
The following configurations are supported on agent phones:
- A Unified CCX extension that is configured on a single device (but not on multiple devices).
- A Unified CCX extension that is configured in a single device profile (but not in multiple device profiles).
- Multiple agents sharing the same Unified CCX extension, which you can set up as follows:
In this configuration, only one agent at a time can be logged in.
All agents who currently have the Unified CCX extension to be shared must log out before you configure additional agents to share that extension.
Unsupported Features in Unified Communications Manager and Cisco BE 6000
The following Unified Communications Manager features are not supported by Unified CCX. These features are disabled by default and should not be enabled for Unified CCX. For more information about these features, see Unified Communications Manager documentation, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/tsd_products_support_series_home.html.
- Block External to External Transfer.
- DSCP IP CTIManager to Application service parameter. You can enable this service parameter for Unified Communications Manager but it does not affect Unified CCX.
- Advanced Ad Hoc Conference Enabled service parameter.
- Drop ad hoc conference when creator leaves.
- Signaling (QSIG) Path Replacement (PR). This feature must be disabled when Unified CCX is deployed. To disable this feature, set the Unified CM service parameters Path Replacement Enabled and Path Replacement on Tromboned Calls to False.
- Forced Authorization Code and Client Matter Code. Because these features can be enabled per route pattern, you should turn them off for all route patterns in the Unified Communications Manager cluster that Unified CCX might use. Enabling these features for route patterns that Unified CCX does not use does not affect Unified CCX.
- Multilevel precedence and preemption (MLPP). You can enable this feature for devices in the cluster that do not interact with Unified CCX.
- Do not use Unified CM Administration to add or change CTI ports or route points that are used by Unified CCX or application users that are created by Unified CCX.
If you have an account with Cisco.com, you can use the Bug Search tool to find caveats of any severity for any release.
Access the Bug Search Tool at https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss. Enter the bug identifier in the search box and press Enter or click Search.
The following table lists all the caveats that are open for this release. The caveats are listed in the order of severity by the bug identifier.
Finesse failover happens 10 minutes after UCCX engine fail over
Participant list becomes Unknown after CCX Engine Failover
UCCX Editor Database/ACD Steps Online Help Mapping is broken
Improper reference url for skill when a GET perfromed on CSQ
Cannot mix alaw and ulaw
UCCX 10 Troubleshooting page points to 8.0 document
resource dont synch to team collection if updated from resourc cofg page
Common restclient does not support URL with query parameters
Able to search and add the same user name in admin field during install
Allow user to perform team related operations having japanese text '?'
TRK+RUS: UCCX/ChatAgent: Missing "Agent" string on Supervisor screen
Clean up code that still attempts to read OF domain info from DB
Finesse config data cannot be restored from subscriber in a DRS scenario
UCCX GT:Finesse Supervisor Does not load Team list after failover
No timely feedback while forcing the agent to Ready during a failure
CCX:Allow secondary Supervisor to SM a monitored call after error dialog
Unified Intelligence Center
Live Data Agent report creates multiple table grids after network outage
Live Data Agent reports AgentID Selected box width is small in FF
CUIC gadgets not cleaning up subscriptions
UCCX agent Live Data gadget issue after notification service restart
The following table contains information on the known limitations in the latest Unified CCX release. Cisco has evaluated these defects on a case-by-case basis. For each defect, we have determined that one of the following is true:
Table 1 Closed Caveats
CCX: Call snapshot returns 0 for an agent who is on 2 calls
Editor accepts the email address "abcd" though its invalid.
CCX: CAD does not display ringing call after a desktop crash
UCCX not correctly reset call state when barge call fails
No End Call Event when an agent ends consult call initiated by WrapUp ag
Failed to update multiple Historical Report Users from appadmin
AppScan:Phishing through URL redirection
Agents listing not working in Mobile Supervisor (iPhone)
Auto refresh not working in Mobile supervisor
Barge in fails if Supervisor extension same as AgentId
Alerts by tomcat process on CCX product is not working.
CUIC sync prevents scheduled purge from starting on scheduled time
Switch version fails after upgrade if open transactions present
show uccx dbtable contents command gives incomprehensible data
recording tag not correct for consult call, transfer not completed
Failed to end consult call leg from finesse after finesse restart
Application performance analysis report data is shown wrongly
Updating multiple teams simultaneously doesnt work for CUIC collections
CM configuration page load when issue AXL password changed from UCCX
Editor,RTMT and CAD download through direct link require no Authentication
To provide your feedback for this document, send an email to:
Documentation and Support
To download documentation, submit a service request, and find additional information, see What's New in Cisco Product Documentation at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/general/whatsnew/whatsnew.html.
You can also subscribe to the What's New in Cisco Product Documentation RSS feed to deliver updates directly to an RSS reader on your desktop. The RSS feeds are a free service. Cisco currently supports RSS Version 2.0.