This preface describes who should read this publication and its document conventions.
The preface includes the following topics:
•Obtaining Documentation, Obtaining Support, and Security Guidelines
•Cisco Product Security Overview
The Cisco Emergency Responder Administrator Guide 8.5 provides you with the information you need to understand, install, configure, manage, and use Cisco Emergency Responder (Cisco ER) 8.5.
Network engineers, system administrators, and telecom engineers should review this guide to learn the steps required to properly set up Cisco ER in the network. Because of the close interaction of Cisco ER with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you should be familiar with Cisco Unified Communications Manager before deploying Cisco ER.
Security personnel should read the Cisco Emergency Responder User Guide 8.5.
The following table shows how this guide is organized:
For additional information about Cisco Emergency Responder (Cisco ER), Cisco Unified CallManager, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager, refer to the following publications.
•All Cisco ER documents are available at:
•Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified CallManager installation documents are available at:
•Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified CallManager operating system installation documents and backup and restore documents are available at:
•Information about Cisco Unified Operations Manager 1.0 is available at:
Obtaining Documentation, Obtaining Support, and Security Guidelines
For information on obtaining documentation, obtaining support, providing documentation feedback, security guidelines, and also recommended aliases and general Cisco documents, see the monthly What's New in Cisco Product Documentation, which also lists all new and revised Cisco technical documentation, at:
Cisco Product Security Overview
This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption. Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are unable to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.
Further information regarding U.S. export regulations may be found at http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html.
This product includes software developed by Justin Wells and Semiotek Inc. for use in the WebMacro Servlet Framework (http://www.webmacro.org).
You may use WebMacro for use under the GNU General Public License. You may also use WebMacro under the terms of the Semiotek Public License. The terms of the Semiotek Public License are as follows:
Copyright (c) 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Semiotek Inc.
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed by Justin Wells and Semiotek Inc. for use in the WebMacro Servlet Framework (http://www.webmacro.org)."
4. The names "Semiotek Inc." and "WebMacro" must not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior written permission. For written permission, please contact email@example.com
5. Products derived from this software may not be called "WebMacro" nor may "WebMacro" appear in their names without prior written permission of Justin Wells.
6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed by Justin Wells and Semiotek Inc. for use in the WebMacro Servlet Framework (http://www.webmacro.org)."
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY SEMIOTEK INC. ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL SEMIOTEK INC. OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.