This document describes the user documentation available for the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) products including the B-series blade servers, Cisco UCS Manager, and Cisco UCS Central software. To find a document online, use one of the links in this roadmap.
In addition, an ISO file containing all B and C-Series documents is available at the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=283853163&flowid=25821. From this page, click Unified Computing System (UCS) Documentation Roadmap Bundle.
The ISO file is updated after every major documentation release.
Follow Cisco UCS Docs on Twitter to receive document update notifications.
Release Note and Interoperability Information
Cisco UCS Manager Release Information
The following release information is available for Cisco UCS Manager:
- Release Notes for Cisco UCS Software—The most current information about open and resolved caveats for each release of Cisco UCS Manager.
- Release Bundle Contents—The contents of the bundles included in a given Cisco UCS Manager release, including the firmware and BIOS versions for all associated components.
The complete list of release notes and bundle contents documents can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10281/prod_release_notes_list.html
Cisco UCS Central Release Information
The release notes provide the most current information about open and resolved caveats for each release of Cisco UCS Central.
The complete list of Cisco UCS Central release notes can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12502/prod_release_notes_list.html
The interoperability matrix provides interoperability information for Cisco UCS components and configurations that have been tested and validated by Cisco, by Cisco partners, or both. Use it as a reference for supported hardware and software.
The complete list of interoperability matrices can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10477/prod_technical_reference_list.html
The interactive UCS Hardware and Software Interoperability Utility lets you view the supported components and configurations for a selected server model and software release. The utility is available at the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html
The interoperability information for a particular release is dependent on third-party certification testing done after the release has been made public. Therefore, the interoperability information may not be available until several months after the release becomes publically available.
Hardware Installation Information
Hardware Installation Prerequisites
The Cisco UCS Site Preparation Guide contains important information about the site requirements for a Cisco UCS installation.
The Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information for Cisco UCS contains important safety information.
The Cisco R Series Racks and Cisco RP Series PDUs are an ideal choice for Cisco UCS installations in a data center. For details, see Cisco R Series Rack and RP Series PDU Installation Guide.
The Cisco UCS 5108 Server Chassis Hardware Installation Guide contains installation instructions for a Cisco UCS chassis.
Fabric Interconnect Installation
The following documents contain information about installing or upgrading a fabric interconnect:
- Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnect Hardware Installation Guide
- Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect Hardware Installation Guide
- UCS 6140XP-40-port Fabric Interconnect Replacement or Upgrade for a UCS 6120XP-20-port Fabric Interconnect—Contains information about replacing a Cisco UCS 6140XP-40-port fabric interconnect or about upgrading a Cisco UCS 6120XP-20-port fabric interconnect to a Cisco UCS 6140XP-40-port fabric interconnect.
For information about upgrading a 6100 series fabric interconnect to a 6200 series fabric interconnect, see the upgrade guide for the upgrade path that you are using. The complete list of upgrade guides can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10281/prod_installation_guides_list.html.
Blade Server Installation
For information about installing a Cisco UCS blade server, see the Blade Server Installation and Service Note for the type of blade server you are using. The server notes are available at the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10280/prod_installation_guides_list.html
C-Series Rack Server Integration Guides
The complete list of Cisco UCS C-Series rack server integration guides can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11736/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html
Software Configuration and Upgrade Information
Cisco UCS Manager Configuration Guides
The following guides contain Cisco UCS Manager software information:
- Cisco UCS Manager GUI Configuration Guide
- Cisco UCS B-Series GUI Firmware Management Guide
- Cisco UCS Manager CLI Configuration Guide
- Cisco UCS B-Series CLI Firmware Management Guide
- Configuration Limits
- Sample Configuration
The complete list of Cisco UCS Manager configuration guides can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10281/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html
Cisco UCS Central Installation and Upgrade Guides
To obtain, deploy, and configure Cisco UCS Central, see the installation and upgrade guide for the version of Cisco UCS Central that you are using.
The complete list of Cisco UCS Central deployment guides can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12502/prod_installation_guides_list.html
Cisco UCS Central Configuration Guides
The following guides contain Cisco UCS Central configuration information:
The complete list of Cisco UCS Central configuration guides can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12502/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html
VM-FEX Configuration Information
The following guides contain VM-FEX configuration information:
- Cisco UCS Manager VM-FEX for Hyper-V GUI Configuration Guide
- Cisco UCS Manager VM-FEX for Hyper-V CLI Configuration Guide
- Cisco UCS Manager VM-FEX for KVM GUI Configuration Guide
- Cisco UCS Manager VM-FEX for KVM CLI Configuration Guide
- Cisco UCS Manager VM-FEX for VMware GUI Configuration Guide
- Cisco UCS Manager VM-FEX for VMware CLI Configuration Guide
The complete list of VM-FEX configuration guides can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10281/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html
Cisco UCS User Role Privilege Information
The complete list of Cisco UCS user role privilege information can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps10281/prod_technical_reference_list.html
Cisco UCS Manager CLI Reference Information
- CLI Command Reference—The complete list of CLI command references can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10281/prod_command_reference_list.html
- UCSM CLI Navigator—An online tool that presents the Cisco UCS Manager CLI documentation in a structure that duplicates the structure of the commands in the CLI
Hardware and Software Upgrade Guides and Videos
To upgrade Cisco UCS Manager and all related firmware and BIOS versions to the latest version, see the upgrade guide and any available videos for the upgrade path that you are using.
The complete list of upgrade guides and videos can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10281/prod_installation_guides_list.html
Blade Server OS Installation Guides
For information on installing an operating system on a B-Series blade server, see one of the following OS installation guides:
Rack Server OS Installation Guides
For information on installing an operating system on a C-Series rack server, see one of the following OS installation guides:
RAID Server Configuration Guide
Cisco UCS VIC Drivers Information
The installation information for Cisco UCS VIC drivers can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10281/prod_installation_guides_list.html.
Server Management Ecosystem Integration Information
The Cisco UCS management integrations include the following:
- Cisco UCS Integration Pack for Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- Cisco UCS PowerTool for Cisco UCS Manager
- Cisco UCS Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
The release notes provide the most current information about open and resolved caveats for each supported management ecosystem integration..
The complete list of release notes can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11724/prod_release_notes_list.html.
The user guides for installing, configuring, and using the management integrations can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11724/products_user_guide_list.html.
Hardware and Software Troubleshooting Information
MIB Quick Reference
Open Source Information
The complete list of all open source information can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps10281/prod_technical_reference_list.html
Copyright © 2009-2013, Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.