Checking the Function of the 65-Inch Display Prior to Installation
Reports from installers in the field have indicated that some displays are not functional after they are shipped to the installation site. To avoid installing a non-functional display, perform a pre-installation check on the displays after you remove the cardboard overpack, but before you completely remove the display from its packaging.
To perform the display integrity check, complete the following steps:
Step 1 Remove the outer box from the display packaging.
Note You can leave the display in the rest of its packaging for this check, as long as you can access the power cord outlet and the DVI connectors on the lower part of the display.
Step 2 Look at the rear of the display. Plug the power cord into the display and a power outlet, then turn on the display.
Figure 1-1 Plugging the Power Cord Into the Display
Step 3 Check the LED on the front of the display.
- If the LED is orange, proceed to Step 4.
- If the LED is unlit, recheck the power cable. If this problem persists, report the problem to Cisco technical support.
Figure 1-2 Checking the LED
Step 4 Plug a display source into the DVI input of the display.
Figure 1-3 Attaching a DVI Cable to the Display
Step 5 Check that the LED on the front of the screen is green and that the signal from the DVI source video is being displayed on the screen.
- If the LED is green and the signal from the DVI source video displays on the screen, this procedure is complete, and this display is ready to be installed.
- If the LED is not green, or is the signal from the DVI source video is not displayed, proceed to Step 6.
Figure 1-4 Checking for the Green DVI on the Screen
Step 6 Access factory mode on the system by completing the following steps:
a. Remove the two screws that attach the metal switch cover next to the power outlet.
Note If required, detach the power cord, then reattach it after you remove the cover.
b. Remove the metal switch cover.
Figure 1-5 Removing the Metal Switch Cover
c. Press the button underneath the cover to enter factory mode.
Figure 1-6 Pressing the Factory Mode Button Under the Factory Mode Cover
Step 7 Check the LED on the front of the screen and the display screen and perform one of the following actions:
- If the LED on the front of the display is green, the display shows a multicolored pattern, and the Checksum data shows “15FC” on the upper left side of the screen, press the Factory Mode button again and reattach the factory mode cover. You are finished with this procedure, and this display is ready to be installed.
Figure 1-7 Checksum Value
- If the LED is orange, or the display remains blank, double-check the signal cable coming in to the DVI connection. If the LED remains orange, report the problem to Cisco technical support.
Note If the LED is flashing, make a note of the flashing pattern and report the pattern to Cisco technical support.