What warnings do I get on a Cisco TelePresence MCU that my conference is finishing?
By default, when you participate in a scheduled conference on a Cisco TelePresence MCU you see one or more text messages and hear one or more voice prompts warning you how long the conference has left to run. The number of messages, and when they are displayed and heard, depends on the length of the conference:
- For all conferences, just before calls are disconnected, you hear a voice prompt as well as seeing a final text message "This conference is about to end"
- For all conferences, you see the "1 minute remaining" text message
- If the conference is at least 5 minutes long, you hear a voice prompt when there are 2 minutes remaining
- If the conference is at least 10 minutes long, you see a text message when there are 5 minutes remaining - plus the previous warnings
- If the conference is at least 1 hour long, you see a text message when there are 10 minutes remaining - plus the previous warnings
To turn off text and audible warnings independently, go to the Conference settings section of the Settings > Conference page:
- To turn off voice prompt warnings, deselect Conference timing in the Audio notifications
- To turn of text message warnings, deselect Conference timing in the Overlaid text section
When enabled, text messages display for 10 seconds: this is not configurable.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade