Why does the event log on the Cisco TelePresence MCU/ISDN GW/Serial Gateway display the error 'Failed to flush cache to external compact flash'?
You have set your unit Cisco TelePresence product to store CDRs (Call Detail Records), but you have not put a Compact Flash card in to the external compact flash slot for them to be stored on. (Cisco acquired Codian units and Cisco TelePresence Serial Gateway Series units do not store CDRs internally; they only cache the last few seconds’ worth).
- To stop this message appearing, go to Events > CDR Log and click Disable.
- Alternatively, if you want to keep CDRs, put a 256Mb compact flash card in the external slot and the unit will start using it. You can retrieve the CDR’s through the web interface. Go to Events > CDR Log and scroll down to see the Call Detail Record list. You can download the list from the web interface as XML. You can also download CDRs using FTP; however, you cannot copy CDRs directly from the Compact Flash card (using a separate Compact Flash card reader) because they are stored in a custom format.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3200 and 3241 / MSE 8310 and 8321 ISDN blades
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade
- Cisco TelePresence Serial GW 3340 / MSE 8330 blade