How do I upgrade my Cisco acquired Codian product and Cisco TelePresence Serial Gateway Series using FTP?
Simply send the upgrade file to your unit by FTP, using the user name "admin" and your "admin" account password, e.g. ftp a.b.c.d. where a.b.c.d. is the IP address of your unit. In the web interface, go to Settings > Shutdown. The new image will be listed as loaded and ready for upgrade. Proceed with the shutdown: Cisco acquired Codian products and the Cisco GW MSE 8330 check whether new software has been uploaded every time they are rebooted and if it has, perform the necessary checks and then install the new software.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence IP GW 3500 / MSE IPGW blade
- Cisco TelePresence IP VCR 2200 / MSE VCR blade
- Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3200 and 3241 / MSE 8310 and 8321 ISDN blades
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8050 Supervisor
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade
- Cisco TelePresence Advanced Media Gateway 3600
- Cisco TelePresence Serial GW 3340 / MSE 8330 blade