I'm having trouble with a fan on a Cisco acquired Codian product or Cisco TelePresence Serial Gateway Series product. What do I need to check?
If you are having trouble with a fan, please check the following before contacting Technical support:
Go to Status > Health and click Clear (lower right corner). Wait a couple of minutes and refresh the web page to see if the alarm condition comes back.
If it does, check the ventilation holes on both the left and right sides of the unit to be sure they are clear of any obstructions.
Lastly, if the Health page is still indicating fan trouble and your unit is mounted in a rack, loosen the mounting screws that hold the mounting brackets to the rack rails sufficiently so that the unit is freely movable. We have seen some rack installations cause fan issues because the unit is compressed when the screws are tightened.
If the unit is still reporting a fan failure raise a support case with Cisco TelePresence using your normal support channels and include the unit's serial number, model, firmware and software details and a copy of the Event log following the tests above.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence IP GW 3500 / MSE IPGW blade
- Cisco TelePresence IP VCR 2200 / MSE VCR blade
- Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3200 and 3241 / MSE 8310 and 8321 ISDN blades
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence Advanced Media Gateway 3600
- Cisco TelePresence Serial GW 3340 / MSE 8330 blade
|May 11th, 2012