Why can Cisco TelePresence ConferenceMe not connect to a conference?
There are a number of reasons why ConferenceMe might not be able to connect to a conference. Refer to the following sections:
- There are known issues when running the following antivirus software with ConferenceMe:
- AVG (V. 8.5 or later)
- Trend Micro OfficeScan
- You must enable ConferenceMe. To do so, on the MCU go to Settings > Streaming.
- You need to configure the MCU to support UDP tunneling and/or fallback to TCP media. To enable UDP tunneled media, go to Settings > Services. To enable ConferenceMe to use TCP media where UDP is not available, go to Settings > Streaming and select Allow fall back to media using TCP.
- Some software firewalls will prevent ConferenceMe from working. Experiment by disabling the firewall. Does ConferenceMe start working? If so, try adding either the application as an exception, or the IP addresses of the MCUs you use as exceptions to the filter. gs > Streaming page. The default maximum is 12.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence ConferenceMe