Cisco Connected Analytics for Retail
This chapter describes the Cisco Connected Analytics for Retail (CAR) and the Shopper Insights feature.
The Cisco Connected Analytics for Retail (CAR) is an integrated feature of services and software, that provides retailers an in-store analytics on shopper behavior, and store operations. It leverages Wi-Fi and video surveillance technologies with the existing operational data, to process analytics and provide insights based on the customer demography.
The Cisco CAR offers the ability to understand shopper behavior and then, optimize the experience to drive customer engagement and conversion. It analyses data streams from in-store sensors, that help you to make the necessary changes to optimize both shopper experience and store operations, to improve engagement, loyalty and conversion.
The benefits that the Cisco CAR offers are as follows:
- Achieve industry leading accuracy of inbound and outbound traffic count.
– Detects the mobile devices used by the shoppers and collects the following metrics:
The number of new and repeat customers.
The average visit duration.
The average time between visits.
The percentage of passersby, who enter the store.
- Collects information on the customer shopping behavior from multiple sources (Wi-Fi, videos, and social media platforms) to correlate to the actual sales.
– Integrates with minimal footprint into stores of any form factor and chains of any size.
– Integrates with previously installed analog or IP cameras, and into most of the Point of Sales (POS) systems.
– Employs fewer cameras with greater versatility than the single purpose devices.
– Measures the traffic and the conversion for store-within-a-store concepts, departments, and kiosks.
– Enables location based social media monitoring from anywhere in the world, using keywords and hash tags.
– Captures and analyzes feeds from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare, GooglePlus, Flickr, Youtube and other social media.
- Enables you to derive business insights and make informed decisions, to optimize the shopper experience.
- Enables to optimize the front line checkout service levels and the staff utilization.
- Enables you to work with the existing staffing or time-and-attendance systems to compare shopper traffic to staff numbers.