The purpose of READ SDK is to provide a layer of abstraction over the features provided by the READ application of the REM stack. Currently, READ SDK contains the control logic of READ for the co-browsing feature, which segregates controller code from the client UI code. With the help of this SDK client, UI code can be independent from the core control logic. As a result, the SDK can be easily integrated with client applications.
The figure below illustrates the architecture of READ SDK and interactions among components. Refer to the list below the figure for explanations of each interaction.
Figure 1 SDK Modules Interaction
1. Client application invokes the READ API (e.g., READ.Session.start(), READ.VNC.start(), etc.).
2. The relevant module of the READ API communicates with REM (READ server component) with the help of the REM Communicator (Ajax Module).
3. REM Communicator forwards the request to REM.
4. REM processes the request and sends the response to the REM Communicator via callback functions.
5. REM Communicator forwards the response to the READ API.
6. READ API invokes the corresponding call back handler function depending on the response (i.e. ‘success’ or ‘failure’).