Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How are IVR Phone Numbers configured?
The IVR Phone Number is a UCCX/UCCE pilot number where the call is queued. Refer to a UCCX/UCCE configuration guide to configure a pilot number.
2. What is a Locale?
The Locale is the language of the text that appears on the screen and the language spoken by the agents who answer calls after the customer presses an expert type button for that locale.
3. Can a customer pod have more than one Locale?
Yes. In the REM 1.9.x release, a maximum of four locales are supported.
4. Can different customer pods have different Locales?
Yes, you can set a specific Locale to a customer pod using the Modify Kiosk form.
5. Why are Expert Types associated with Locales?
Expert Types are associated with Locales that represent the languages that they speak. When a call is made from a customer pod that displays content in the English language, the call is connected to an expert type associated with the English Locale.
6. What happens if the TP IP address is incorrect in the Kiosk tab of the REAC?
The REM will be unable to setup call with UCCX/UCCE Pilot DN so it cannot proceed with the session.
7. What happens if the DN of a customer pod TP codec is incorrect in the Kiosk tab of the REAC?
If the DN of the customer pod TP codec is incorrectly entered, then a call cannot be made to an expert and a RE session cannot be established.
8. What happens if the IEC Server Host is incorrect in the Kiosk tab of the REAC?
If the IP address for the IEC is incorrect, then the IEC cannot be restarted from the REAC. Also, the aliveness check will not work (dual content will not work when there is no TP reboot).
9. What are some of the errors that could be generated while rebooting the IEC and why do they occur?
Refer to the "Errors and Alerts from REAC" section of the Cisco Remote Expert Manager Troubleshooting and Serviceability Guide.
10. What happens if the answers are not configured for a Session Result question?
If there are no answers configured, then the question is not displayed on the customer pod screen. The Thank You screen will be displayed when the session is disconnected.
11. What happens if there are overlapping images for the day of the week and all days?
Preference is given to the image configured for a particular day and not to the all days content in case of overlapping timings. For example, you configured one content image (“A”) to display from 8:00 to 16:00 on all days and another image (“B”) to display from 10:00 to 14:00 on Mondays. On Mondays, the “A” image will appear from 8:00 to 10:00. Then the “B” image will appear from 10:00 to 14:00. Finally, the “A” image will re-appear from 14:00 to 16:00. On all other days, the “A” image will appear from 8:00 to 16:00.