Network Plug and
||To load an
existing project, enter the name of project in the Project text box.
Add to add
- Device Name—Device name
(unique for each site)
- Product ID—Select the device
product identification number from the drop-down list.
- Serial Number—Device serial
- Mac Address—Device Mac
Address. This is applicable only for access point devices.
||Choose a Cisco
device image file to apply to the device by doing one of the following options:
- To load an existing Cisco
device image on the device that is already loaded to the Cisco APIC-EM
controller, click in the image field and select the image file from the
- Click the
icon and choose a Cisco device image file to apply to the device. To load a new
Cisco device image file on the device, you should upload the Cisco device image
file to the server, and then select the image file from the list. See
Uploading the Cisco Device Image File.
This option is not supported on access point devices.
||Choose eithter a configuration file or a template to apply to the device by doing one of the following options: |
- To apply either a configuration file or a template to the device that is already uploaded to the Cisco APIC-EM controller, select the appropriate radio button and select the configuration file or template from the drop-down list.
- Click the Upload icon to apply to the device.
Cisco Network Plug and Play uses the velocity engine verson 1.7 to generate the templates. For more informaton on the velocity engine, see http://velocity.apache.org/. You can use the template when you have to deploy the same configuration on multiple devices. When you use a template, you can either select the default values or specify the customized values for a specify device.
Note: The configuration file should be in text format for routers and switches. For Access Point devices, the configuration file must be in JSON format.
||If you select a template, do the following:|
- To provide a customized values for a specific device, click on the template and enter the values in the template editor.
- To preview the template configuraton values, click on the preview tab.
apply the existing bootstrap configuration to the device, select the
configuration file from the drop-down list or click the
icon and choose a bootstrap file for the device. You can use the Cisco Network
Plug and Play Mobile Application to deploy the bootstrap configuration on the
WAN devices. This option is not supported on access point devices.
Certificate check box to apply the device certificate on the device. Cisco
Network Plug and Play automatically generates and deploys the PKCS12 device ID
certificate. Device Certificate is not supported on access point devices.
Required check box to apply the SUDI authentication on devices that support
it. If you check this box for a device that does not support SUDI
authentication, then authentication and provisioning fails with an
authentication error. You should uncheck the
Requiredcheck box and reset the device to provision it again.
||To add the configuration credentials, click on the Credentials Configurations (+) button and specify the required information (see,Configuring AAA on the Device).|
||To configure a stack switch, click on the Plus (+) Stack Switch Configuration button and specify the following information: |
- Expected Member Count—Select the expected total member count (including the master) of the stack from the drop-down list.
- License—Select the license from the drop-down list to ensure that all members of the stack have the selected license.
- Accept EULA—Check the Accept EULA check box.
configure the stack switch.
If you add a device that is a member of a stack, the system
will discover the other members automatically.
To view the
members of the stack switch, hover over the Stack View icon next to device in
the device list table.
||To edit one or
more devices in the device table, check the box next to each device that you
want to edit and click
The stack and non-stack devices cannot be edited together.
Also, you cannot edit access points and other devices together.
||To add the configuration credentials, click on the Plus (+) Credentials Configuration button and specify the following: |
- Username —Enter the username for the configuration.
- Password—Enter the password for the configuration.
- Confirm Password—Confirm the password.
||To delete or
reset selected devices, click
save the changes.