Table of Contents
Note You can find most documentation from the Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall Services (also known as Cisco ASA CX Context-Aware Security) support page: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/asa-next-generation-firewall-services/tsd-products-support-series-home.html
You can also find documentation from the Cisco Prime Security Manager support page: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/prime-security-manager/tsd-products-support-series-home.html
The CX/PRSM user guide, PRSM installation guide, and CX/PRSM command reference are available in ePub format starting with the 9.1(2) release. All documents are available in ePub and Mobi format starting with 9.3(1).
You can download these guides to your smart phone or tablet and read them using an ePub reader, such as iBooks, Bluefire, NeoSoar, and so forth, or a Mobi reader such as the Kindle. There are many readers, both free and paid, that you can download from the app stores for iOS and Android devices.
- Cisco Tech Docs application —You can download this free app from the Apple App Store or the Android store. In the app, look for the documents under “ASA Next-Gen Firewall Services.” This app will link to the documents for the most current release.
- Open m.cisco.com in your browser —You can find the documents at Technical Documentation > Security > ASA Next-Generation Firewall Services . This site will link to documents for the most current release.
- Open the links mentioned below in this guide —You can download the ePub and Mobi versions of these documents from their home pages mentioned below.
- Device Support, Hardware and Software Compatibility, and Supported Upgrade Paths — Cisco CX and Cisco Prime Security Manager Compatibility
- RCSI (5585-X) — Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information for the Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance
- RCSI (5500-X) — Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information for the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Appliances and the Intrusion Prevention System 4300 Series Appliances
The following sections list the main documentation for each release of the ASA CX and PRSM software, as well as open source licensing information. Note that the command reference is not unique per release, although it is cited separately for each release.
For information on configuring the ASA, Context Directory Agent (CDA), AD agent, and other features used in conjunction with ASA CX and PRSM, locate the documentation using Navigating the Cisco ASA Series Documentation , http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/roadmap/asaroadmap.html .
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: www.cisco.com/go/trademarks . Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110R)
Any Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and phone numbers used in this document are not intended to be actual addresses and phone numbers. Any examples, command display output, network topology diagrams, and other figures included in the document are shown for illustrative purposes only. Any use of actual IP addresses or phone numbers in illustrative content is unintentional and coincidental.