Using the Startup Wizard
The ASDM Startup Wizard guides you through the initial configuration of the ASA 1000V and helps you define basic settings.
This chapter includes the following sections:
Information About the Startup Wizard
To access this feature in the main ASDM application window, choose one of the following:
- Wizards > Startup Wizard.
- Configuration > Device Setup > Startup Wizard, and then click Launch Startup Wizard.
Startup Wizard Screens
The actual sequence of screens is determined by your specified configuration selections. Each screen is available for all modes or models unless otherwise noted. This section includes the following topics:
Starting Point or Welcome
- To change the existing configuration, click the Modify existing configuration radio button.
- To set the configuration to the factory default values, click the Reset configuration to factory defaults radio button.
– To configure the IP address and subnet mask of the Management 0/0 or VLAN 1 interface to be different from the default value (192.168.1.1), check the Configure the IP address of the management interface check box.
Note If you reset the configuration to factory defaults, you cannot undo these changes by clicking Cancel or by closing this screen.
The interface screens depend on the mode and model. This section includes the following topics:
Startup Wizard Summary
This screen summarizes all of the configuration settings that you have made for the ASA 1000V.
- To change any of the settings in previous screens, click Back.
- Choose one of the following:
– If you ran the Startup Wizard directly from a browser, when you click Finish, the configuration settings that you created through the wizard are sent to the ASA 1000V and saved in flash memory automatically.
– If you ran the Startup Wizard from within ASDM, you must explicitly save the configuration in flash memory by choosing File > Save Running Configuration to Flash.