Exercise switch for the SDH protection line is not supported in this release. If you send this command to the protection card, an error message will be returned. In addition to all normal INPUT, EQUIPAGE, and PRIVILEGE error codes, the following error codes are also included in this command:
– Status, Not in Valid State (SNVS)
– Status, Requested Operation Failed (SROF)
– Status, Switch Request Denied (SSRD)
If you send the EX-SW-<STM_MSSPR> command to both east and west sides/spans of a two-fiber or four-fiber ring within a short time period (less than 30 to 45 seconds) the system will only execute one (WEST) side EXER-RING query, and preempt the other (EAST) side query. No event messages is reported for the preempted side, and it will be in APS-CLEAR switching state. This is applicable in the following situations:
– A single command with both side/span AIDs (in the list AID format) of the same two-fiber or four-fiber ring
– Separate queries (through Transaction Language One [TL1], Cisco Transport Controller [CTC], or TL1 and CTC) on both sides/spans of the same two-fiber or four-fiber ring
DIRN is an optional parameter. A NULL value of this parameter defaults to BTH for a two-fiber or four-fiber MS-SPRing protection group. DIRN follows these rules:
– TRMT will always fail for any kind of protection group.
– For two-fiber and four-fiber MS-SPRing protection groups, both the RCV and TRMT direction will fail.
– Only BTH is a valid parameter. EX-SW-<STM_TYPE> can be operated only on MS-SPRing protection groups.