Table Of Contents
Read Me First (Solaris)
You must install the software in this package on a system that meets specific requirements. You need to configure client systems and some applications before use.
The contents of the LAN Management Solutions Bundle are listed in the suggested installation order:
1. CiscoWorks2000 CD One Second Edition (CD One)—CiscoWorks2000 Server, CiscoView 5.1, and the Network Management Integration Module that supports third-party Network Management systems.
2. Resource Manager Essentials 3.1 (Essentials)—Web-based administration tool for collecting the monitoring, fault, and availability information needed to track devices critical to the network.
3. Campus Manager 3.0 (Campus)—Web-enabled version of the CWSI Campus product providing topology services and ATM, LANE, and VLAN utilities.
4. TrafficDirector 5.8 (TD)—RMON-based reporting tool for network traffic analysis.
5. Content Flow Monitor 1.0 (CFM)—Web-based performance monitoring application for managing Cisco server load-balancing devices.
Note You must install CiscoWorks2000 CD One Second Edition first.
Minimum Server System Requirements
Table 1 shows the minimum server system requirements for each application and combinations of applications.
Table 1 Minimum Server System Requirements
Requirement Type CD One Only CD One and Campus CD One and Essentials CD One and CFM CD One and TD Entire LAN Bundle
Available drive space
4 GB and space for software management files
6 GB and space for software management files
CD-ROM drive and 17-inch color monitor
If system is also used as a client, a browser is required (refer to Table 2)
1 Swap space should be double the amount of RAM. If your server has more than the minimum recommended RAM, set the swap space to double your servers RAM.
2 Make sure patch 106292-03 is not installed on your system. Otherwise CD One will not install.
3 Or patch 107733-05.
Minimum Client System Requirements
Table 2 shows the minimum client system requirements for a network with 950 or fewer devices. For information about configuring client systems, refer to Installing and Setting Up CiscoWorks2000 CD One Second Edition.