Table of Contents
- Improved performance of RabbitMQ event handling.
- New advanced portal property community.calendar.event.bccsize allows you to set the batch size for sending email notifications about community calendar events.
- Apache Tomcat has been updated to release 6.0.37.
- Updates and enhancements to the Cisco WebEx Social API. New features include:
– The DeltaMetrics resource has been updated to include the mutualFollowsAdded, returningUser, uniqueLogins, userFollowsAded, and userFollowsRemoved fields, and the TotalMetrics resource has been updated to include the averageCommunityMembershipsPerUser and averageConnectionsPerUser fields.
– Update to Get Information about Users Assigned to a Community (Alternate Method) operation has been updated to support a member_type value of @directowners, and the filter special query parameter has been added.
- A new module “showtech” has been added that allows you to download system information (errors, node states, properties, and parameters) from Director > System > Health > Download Logs.
- The Partial Re-indexing page (Account Settings > Server > Server Administration) has been simplified and the number of indexible items has been added for each category.
- A tool to track the progress of re-indexing has been added. Go to Account Settings > Server > Server Administration > Re-indexing Status to start using it.
- The ability to export Cisco WebEx Social data for migration purposes has been added. Go to Account Settings > Server > Server Administration > Data Export to start using it.
- The settings page at Account Settings > Server > Server Administration > Mail has been obsoleted. Cisco WebEx Social features that previously relied on these setting now rely on the Director settings in Application > Integration > Email Configuration. Mail tab settings that are not found in the Email Configuration section are no longer supported.
- MSI installer support for the Lotus Notes plug-in.
- New, improved indexing makes rebuilding indexes quicker and less resource-intensive.
- Support for Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2.
- Support for Cisco Jabber for Mac 9.2.1
- Video calls are available even when the Web Chat & Presence feature has been disabled.
- Log messages relating to Metrics has their own trace group called Metrics.
- ActiveMQ has been completely replaced with RabbitMQ.
- @mention activity generation can be turned off and on with a Control Panel setting: Settings > Portal > WebEx Social Functionality > Mention.
- Two additional services can be configured to use the Master Account feature: Cisco WebEx and Call Plug-in (audio and video calls).
- The ability to upload multiple files to the Library in one go has been added—the Document tab allows you to select multiple files for upload.
- @mentioning a user is possible in the post body, post comments, and replies to post comments both when viewing a post and in the Activity Stream.
- Discussion activities and Calendar events in the Activity Stream provide more details and are easier to perceive visually.
- Localization support has been added to the email notifications about Community Calendar events.
- Active phone calls (with or without video) are available across all open browser tabs containing Cisco WebEx Social. Closing a tab does not disconnect the call unless this is the last open tab.
- A system has been implemented that notifies users when a post is being edited simultaneously and prevents them from saving a post when a new version has been committed while they were editing.
- The Watch List provides an option to mark all unread items as read.
- Users can Like comments.
- URLs entered as plain text appear clickable automatically after the post is saved.
- The Streams application adds an icon for quicker identification of the visibility (Public, Restricted) of posts and updates.
- Availability state “Not available/Not on chat” has been renamed to “Available by phone only” to match other Cisco products.
- A new predefined contact list in My Contacts allows you to share with your direct reports more quickly and easily.
- The Master Account feature has been extended to cover two additional services: Cisco WebEx and Cisco Call Plug-in (audio and video calls).
- Email notifications are sent about @mentions in all types of updates and comments to them, as well as all types of posts and comments to them.
- Community calendar invitations are sent out as iCalendar invitations and appear on your Outlook or Lotus Notes calendar as well as your Calendar application in Cisco WebEx Social.
- The Community Calendar application has been redesigned for better user experience.
- Section “Creating a Custom Profile Page Template” has been removed from the Cisco WebEx Social Administration Guide due to this feature no longer being supported.
- Cisco WebEx Social API Reference Guide has been updated as follows:
– The following operations have been updated to state that the startIndex query parameter for paginating return results is not supported (correcting previous incorrect statements): “Get Information about User Groups to which a User Belongs” and “Get Information about all User Groups”.
- To take full advantage of the security improvements that come with Cisco WebEx Social release 3.4.2, Cisco recommends that you change your Unified Access Password using the Director after you have finished upgrading to Cisco WebEx Social release 3.4.2.
- Although the CAS tab appears in the Account Settings > Portal > Settings > Authentication window, Cisco WebEx Social does not support Central Authentication Service (CAS) and the fields in this tab are not used.
- When using Show & Share release 5.3 with Cisco WebEx Social, do not install Show & Share patch1.
- If SSO is enabled in your network, make sure that the Enable SSO box in the Notifier area of the Configuration window in the Director is checked. This configuration ensures that user accounts are not locked if a password lockout policy is configured in your Active Directory.
- Using the ext3 file system on your NFS server can limit the number of library documents and post attachments that Cisco WebEx Social can store. For more information, use the Bug Toolkit to access the defect number CSCtk55146 (see the “Using the Bug Search Tool” section).
The following Cisco WebEx Social documents are available at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/webex-social/tsd-products-support-series-home.html .
- Cisco WebEx Social Administration Guide, Release 3.4.2
- Cisco WebEx Social Installation and Upgrade Guide, Release 3.4.2
- Cisco WebEx Social Server: Getting Started Guide, Release 3.4.2
- Cisco WebEx Social Frequently Asked Questions, Release 3.4.2
- Cisco WebEx Social API Reference Guide , Release 3.4.2
- Cisco WebEx Social Director API Reference Guide, Release 3.4.2
- Cisco WebEx Social Backup and Restore Guide, Release 3.3, 3.4, and 3.4.2
- Open Source Used In Cisco WebEx Social 3.4.2
- Cisco WebEx Social Compatibility Guide
- Exporting Data from Cisco WebEx Social
Cisco WebEx Social training videos are available at http://howdoi.webex.com .
You can use the Bug Search Tool to find information about defects for this release, including a description of the problems and available workarounds. The Bug Search Tool lists both open and resolved defects.
Table 1 lists known defects in this release.
Table 2 lists resolved defects in this release.
This document is to be used in conjunction with the documents listed in the “Related Documentation and Training Videos” section.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: www.cisco.com/go/trademarks . Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110R)