This document describes how to dump log files from Halt into Cisco Unity Connection with VMware.
Q. How do you dump a log file from Halt into Cisco Unity Connection with VMware?
A. In order to dump a log file from Halt into Cisco Unity Connection with VMware, follow these steps:
- While the Virtual Machine (VM) is powered off, edit the settings and add a serial port (you cannot add one while the VM is powered on).
- Attach the serial port to a .tmp file, power on the VM, and start your installation.
- When you are ready to dump the log files, attach a new, empty file to the serial port. If the system halts due to an install failure and asks to dump the logs, before you answer "yes", edit the settings on the VM and attach the actual file name where you want the logs dumped.
- Return to the VM console, and dump the logs into the serial port.
- When the process is complete, open the file with 7-Zip.