This document describes two methods to display Cisco SpeechView transcriptions in Microsoft Outlook. SpeechView, a feature that can be purchased with Cisco Unity Connection, allows voice messages to be transcribed into text. The two service levels of SpeechView are:
- SpeechView Standard - A fully automated service without human intervention.
- SpeechView Professional - Human-assisted service with very high transcription accuracy.
What are the methods to deliver a SpeechView transcription to Outlook?
Configure Device Notification
This procedure describes how to configure device notification for a user:
- Check the Enabled check box for the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Notification Device.
- Check the Voice Messages check box in the 'Send Transcription of Voice Messages' section.
- Enter the email address of the recipient in the To text field under 'SMTP Settings.'
This procedure describes how to synchronize the device notification with Unity Connection:
- Go to Unity Connection Administration.
- Navigate to Users > user to be changed > Edit > Notification Devices.
Refer to the SMTP-Compatible Notification Devices section of the User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 9.x for additional information.
Configure Single Inbox
You can configure a single inbox for a user and have the messages synchronized to the Exchange server:
- Exchange 2010 or 2007 uses Exchange Web Services.
- Exchange 2003 uses WebDav.
Once the transcription process is complete, the Outlook message is updated in order to include the transcription.
Refer to the Configuring Cisco Unity Connection 9x and Microsoft Exchange for Unified Messaging section of the Unified Messaging Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 9.x for additional information.