This document provides a solution when a Cisco Unity Connection user web page imported from CallManager via Administrative XML Layer (AXL) opens slowly.
When you click on a user in Unity Connection, the web page might take several minutes to populate. You might find the user in question was imported from CallManager via Administrative XML Layer (AXL).
It is likely if you click on another user that was not imported via AXL from CallManager, their web page displays promptly as expected.
In order to further troubleshoot the issue, enable these Micro traces:
- Open the Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability web page.
- Choose Trace > Micro Traces.
- Select Micro trace Cuca and click Go.
- Check the All check box and save.
Now, reproduce the issue and note the time you click on the user and the time the web page populates. Then use the Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) in order to gather the traces. You will want to gather the Cisco Connection Tomcat trace.
The logs might show something similar to:
11:15:03.990 |3969,,,Cuca,0,ERROR [http-bio-443-exec-5630]
com.cisco.unity.axlconnector.AXLConnector - SOAP Exception sending AXL
message to https://10.1.1.1:0/axl/
11:15:03.999 |3969,,,Cuca,2,ERROR [http-bio-443-exec-5630]
com.cisco.unity.bo.AxlCCMIntegrationBO - unable to read end user status:
pkid=de91186b-2677-f348-7f90-28a7127bfa7f, sql=SELECT status FROM
EndUser WHERE pkid='de91186b-2677-f348-7f90-2017127bfa7f'
If this problem occurs, it most likely means the AXL port is 0 or an incorrect value. In order to fix the issue, complete these steps:
- Open the Cisco Unity Connection Administration web page.
- Choose Telephony Integrations > Phone System.
- Choose your phone system.
- Click Edit Cisco Unified Communications Manager AXL Servers.
- Where the IP address and Port number is entered for CallManager, update the port number to 8443 and save.