This article is one in a series to assist in the setup, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Cisco Small Business products (formerly Linksys Business Series).
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for more information on document conventions.
Q. How do you initially set up an SPA3000?
A. In setting up the SPA3000, make sure you have a one touch tone analog phone, your NodePhone account details, and access to a standard phone port. You should also have these package contents:
Note: This guide has been prepared with firmware 2.0.13, the current supported firmware release for NodePhone. If you are using an earlier firmware, the web configuration screen might not look the same as the images in this document. Cisco recommends upgrading your SPA3000 to version 2.0.13, which is available from the Cisco Download Center ( registered customers only) .
In order to set up the SPA3000, complete these steps:
Ensure the SPA3000 Power Supply is Connected Properly
Connect the SPA3000
Ensuring the SPA3000 Power Supply is Connected Properly
- Make sure the power adapter is plugged to an available power outlet.
- After the plug is connected to the power adapter, connect the SPA3000. For instructions, complete the next steps.
Connecting the SPA3000
- Connect the phone cable to the wall jack with ADSL service, and then connect the other end to the LINE port of the gateway. Then, connect the Ethernet cable from the SPA3000 to one of the Ethernet ports (1, 2, 3 or 4 ) of the Linksys gateway.
- Connect the phone cable to the wall jack with ADSL service, then connect the other end to the line port of the ADSL line filter.
- Connect the ADSL modem line to the ADSL port of the ADSL router, and the local phone line should be connected to the LINE port of the SPA3000.
- Connect the phone to the PHONE port on the SPA3000.
- The PSTN phone line goes from the Local phone port of the Line Filter to the Line port on the SPA3000. The Phone is connected to the Phone port of the SPA3000. The Ethernet cable is connected between the ADSL router and the SPA3000.