This document describes the actions to take if Cisco Jabber for Windows freezes, but does not crash and prompt for a problem report. It is important to understand that if you close or kill Jabber and then reopen Jabber and manually run the problem report, the report does not contain information related to this issue. However, if you leave Jabber at the point of the freeze and complete this procedure, the information generated should contain data that the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) can use in order to analyze this issue.
When the crash or outage occurs, complete these steps:
- Let Jabber continue to run (do not kill the CiscoJabber.exe process, do not choose the Close Application option, and do not restart Jabber).
- Navigate to %PROGRAM_FILES%\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber via Windows Explorer.
- Start the CiscoJabberPrt.exe application (Jabber's problem report tool).
- In the Problem Report dialog, choose Include memory dump.
The TAC might ask you to enable Gflags, also known as Global Flags, in the Windows Debugging Tools before the next issue occurs. This allows more information to be gathered in the dump to assist the TAC and Development in troubleshooting the issue. This requires that Windows Debugging Tools be loaded on the PC that has this issue. However, enable this only at the request of the TAC.
Complete these steps in order to install Windows Debugging Tools:
- Download Windows Debugging Tools from WDK and WinDbg downloads. If you run Microsoft Windows 7, you should be able to choose Windows 7 Standalone Debugging Tools.
- Install Windows Debugging Tools on the PC with the issue.
- Choose Start > Programs > Debugging Tools for Windows > Global Flags. The Global Flags window displays.
- Click the Image File tab.
- In the Image field, type ciscojabber.exe and press the Tab key. The rest of options should become available.
- Check the check box for these options:
Click Apply.Click OK.
- Enable heap tail checking
- Enable heap free checking
- Enable heap parameter checking
- Enable heap validation on call
- Enable application verifier
- Enable page heap