This document describes the steps to configure the Unified Communication (UC) Integration in the WebEx Server for Jabber for Windows connection to Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM).
Jabber for Windows phone control does not function when directed towards a WebEx server.
Phone control in Jabber for Windows in a cloud environment requires two major settings on the WebEx server:
- The WebEx Domain must be enabled for UC Integration.
- The UC Integration Cluster must be configured and assigned to the user's WebEx account.
In order for the WebEx domain to be enabled for UC, you must open a case with WebEx support, since this is not a task that a local WebEx Administrator can do.
In order to create the UC Integration Cluster:
- On the WebEx Admin page, choose Configuration, and then choose Unified Communications.
- Choose Cluster.
- Click Add.
- Enter a Cluster Name and click Allow Cisco UC Manager Integration with Cisco WebEx Connect.
- Click Allow user to enter manual settings in order to allow the users to change the Primary Server values in basic mode or the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)/Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)/Cisco Unified Communications Manager IP Phone (CCMCIP) Server values in advance mode.
- Under Cisco Unified Communications Manager Server Settings, choose:
- Basic Server Settings in order to enter the basic settings for the CUCM server. (This is used if you have one CUCM server in your environment that runs the services necessary for phone control ? TFTP, CTI, CCMCIP).
- Advanced Server Settings in order to enter advanced or more detailed settings for the CUCM server. (This is used to specify different CUCM Servers for the necessary phone control services).
- Enter these values for the Basic Server Settings:
If you have selected Advanced Server Settings in Step 6, specify each setting for the TFTP, CTI, and CCMCIP servers.
Enter an IP Address for the specified services.
Enter the Voicemail Pilot Number that is configured in your CUCM server for voicemail access.
Choose Enable Visual Voicemail. The Visual Voicemail settings entered here are applicable only to the users that belong to this cluster.
Choose Specific voicemail server for this cluster to specify a voicemail server.
Choose Allow user to enter manual settings in order to allow users to manually enter Visual Voicemail settings for this cluster.
Click Save in order to save your UC configuration.
Once the cluster is saved, you are now able to go to the user, choose Edit, choose UC Integration, and then add the newly created cluster to the user.
Once the cluster is assigned, exit the Jabber client and relaunch Jabber.
- Primary Server: Enter the IP address of the primary CUCM server. This server is configured with the TFTP, CTI, and CCMCIP settings.
- Backup Server: Enter the IP address of the backup CUCM server. This server is configured with the TFTP, CTI, and CCMCIP settings and provides failover support in case the primary CUCM server fails.