This document describes a problem encountered when you attempt to install a license on a Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switch, and provides a solution to the problem.
When you attempt to install a license on a Nexus 7000 Series switch via the install license command, the switch returns the this error:
Nexus7k# install license bootflash:MDSxxxxxxxx.lic
Installing license failed:
SERVER line in license should have "this_host ANY"
This error indicates that there is a formatting problem with the license file, usually with missing carriage return characters. In order to fix this problem, edit the license file with this procedure:
- Open the .lic file with a text editor.
- Copy and paste the file contents into a new text file.
- Ensure the text is formatted similar to this:
SERVER this_host ANY
INCREMENT FM_SERVER_PKG cisco 1.0 permanent uncounted \
- Save the file as type all files (encoding ANSI).
- Copy the new file to the switch bootflash, and attempt to install it again with the install license command.