This article is one in a series to assist in the setup, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Cisco Small Business products (formerly Linksys Business Series).
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for more information on document conventions.
Q. How do I upgrade the NSS unit's firmware?
A. In order to upgrade the firmware on the NSS unit, complete these steps:
- Download the firmware for the proper storage device from Cisco Download Center ( registered customers only) , and save it. Cisco recommends that you perform all firmware upgrades on your local network, not remotely.
Note: Do not unzip the file yet.
- Log in to the web interface of the storage device.
Note: The username is admin, and the password is admin.
- Choose Admin > Maintenance.
- Click Browse in order to locate the previously downloaded firmware, and select it.
- Click Upgrade Firmware.
- Read the warning message, then click OK or Cancel.
About two minutes after you click OK, you see the progress screen. Do not interfere with the process. The unit automatically reboots when the firmware upgrade completes.
- Once you see the last entry, Firmware update succeeded, the system reboots. Wait for the system to reboot. The system is ready when the Power light is solidly lit green, and the LAN1 or LAN2 is solidly lit amber. You can now close the progress window.