This document describes how to resolve the Error - Login Failed. The client cannot connect to the Authentication service error message on the Cisco Security Manager (CSM).
Users are unable to log into the CSM client application and encounter one or both of these error messages:
- Error - Login Failed. The client cannot connect to the Authentication service
- Login URL access is forbidden
Additionally, attempts to log into the CiscoWorks/Prime web GUI might generate this error message:
403 - Forbidden Error
Complete the steps that are described in this section in order to re-register the Apache service on the CSM server. The CSM client application uses the Apache service in order to log in.
- On the CSM server, navigate to Start > Run... > services.msc in order to open the Microsoft Windows Services console.
- Ensure that the Startup Type for all of the CSM services is set to Manual (except for the Cisco Security Manager Daemon Manager (CRMDmgtd) service, which should be set to Automatic).
- Stop the Cisco Security Manager Daemon Manager (CRMDmgtd) service, and wait for it to stop all of the dependent services.
- Navigate to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt, right-click the Command Prompt shortcut, and choose Run as administrator in order to open a privileged command prompt.
- Enter this command in order to manually unregister the CSM Apache service:
pdreg -u Apache
- Enter this command in order to manually re-register the CSM Apache service:
pdreg -r Apache -e "C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin\Apache.exe" -f "-d
C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache -D SSL" -d Tomcat
- Enter this command in order to re-generate the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate for the CSM:
- Restart the Cisco Security Manager Daemon Manager (CRMDmgtd) service, and wait for it to restart all of the dependent services.