This document describes the process to move Cisco Security Agent (CSA)-Management Center (MC) 6.x to a new server. For customers on Release 6.x who look to move to a new server, you need to perform the steps outlined in this document. The process is different than when you reinstall and restore the configuration since CSA is homed to a specific server.
How do I move CSA-MC Release 6.x to a new physical server?
Use this process to move CSA-MC 6.x to a new server.
- Run a backup and export the configuration in CSA.
- Back up the configuration with the CSA 6.x Configuration Guide.
- Install the new Windows server with the same IP and Windows name.
- When the new server is functional, ensure that you unplug and/or shut down the old server as to prevent a duplicate IP address.
- Install CSA-MC as administrator.
- Restore the configuration on the new server from Step 1.
- Create a backup of the new server. This step is very important.
- Replace the old CSA backup files with the new CSA server files.
- Manually copy these database files from the old server to the new server:
- *.ndf - for the csamc60
- *.mdf and *.ldf - for the analysis60
If all steps are completed properly, the clients should report to the new server.