November 18, 2013
THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
Initial Public Release
|| Tech Group
|| Family / SW Type
|| Line / SW Id
|| HW Id / SW Ver
||(VTG) Voice Technology Group
||ICM AW/Real-Time Feed
|| Symposium Version 7.5.x PG with AW Version 8.x.y
||(VTG) Voice Technology Group
||ICM PG Symposium
When a Symposium Version 7.5.x Peripheral Gateway (PG) attempts to connect to an Admin Workstation (AW) Version 8.x.y, the Automated Administration for Symposium (AAS) process in the PG does not establish a connection with the AW.
Because of the AAS process failure, all additions and updates to agents and their skill sets that are made using Nortel Symposium administration are not reflected in the Intelligent Contact Management (ICM) database in real-time.
The AW Version 8.x.y uses Java Version 1.6, while the Symposium Version 7.5.x PG uses Java Version 1.5. This causes the AAS process to fail.
The failure occurs because the conapi file is compiled in the AW with a more recent Java version (1.6), which is not compatible with the later Java version (1.5) in the PG machine.
NOTE: This problem only occurs with the AW and Symposium PG versions mentioned in this document.
The ASS process fails, and this error message is seen:
Unable to launch Java program, Error occurred, system exits.
NOTE: This is observed every time with the the aforementioned PG and Central Controller versions.
Complete these steps in order to resolve this issue:
- Copy the C:\icm\install\ jre-6u22-windows-i586.exe Java installer file from the AW machine to the PG machine, and upgrade to Java Version 1.6 on the PG machine.
- Copy the Conapi.Jar file from the AW machine (C:\icm\bin) to the AAS PG machine (C:\icm\bin\aas).
NOTE: Copy the Conapi.Jar file from the AW bin folder to the PG bin\aas folder.
If you encounter defect
CSCtd46374 (AAS client application down - Cms jserver receives AAS client down event), then use this workaround in order to resolve the issue.
On the PG Box
- Open the registry, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Cisco Systems, Inc. > ICM > <instance name> > PG1A > PG > CurrentVersion > AASS > aas1 > AASData > Config.
- Locate the JavaRuntimeOptions key, and modify the value to -Dcom.sun.CORBA.transport.ORBDisableDirectByteBufferUse=false -Dcom.sun.CORBA.POA.ORBActivated=false -Xms256M -Xmx512M.
- Restart the AAS process.
On the Distributor Box
- Open the registry, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Cisco Systems, Inc. > ICM > <instance name> > Distributor > NodeManager > CurrentVersion > Processes > cmsJServer.
- Locate and open the JavaRuntimeOptions key. If the key is not found, then create the key JavaRuntimeOptions of type REG_SZ. The value for the key should be -Xms256M -Xmx512M.
- Restart the Cms_Jserver process.
Once all of the above steps are complete, restart the PG and AW processes.
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Cisco Notification ServiceSet up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.