Field Notice: FN - 63208 - Cisco Interaction Manager 4.2(5) upgrade fails due to SQL Collation Incompatibility
April 2, 2009
THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
Initial Public Release
EIM/WIM - CRS - 4.2(5)
EIM/WIM - ICM/IPCC - 4.2(5)
The Cisco Unified EIM/WIM 4.2(5) upgrades fail due to a SQL Collation incompatibility.
The CIM 4.2(5) upgrade fails due to a SQL Collation incompatibility.
When the SQL server collation order is not SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, the upgrade fails.
Only configurations that meet the correct collation settings and complex password settings can be upgraded to Cisco Interaction Manager 4.2(5).
Before you proceed with the upgrade, verify that your current system has these settings. Do not modify any values as you work through the instructions in this section.
- On the master, active, and archive databases, collation settings must be set to:
- On configurations that are already on SQL Server 2005, the SQL Server collation setting must be set to:
- Complex password settings must not be enforced on SQL Server 2005.
- On all servers in the Cisco Interaction Manager configuration, the regional option must be set to English
If these conditions are met, you can proceed with the upgrade to 4.2(5).
Important: If any of these conditions are not met, do not proceed with the upgrade to Cisco Interaction Manager 4.2(5). Instead, download 4.2(5a) from Cisco.com.
In order to download the software, complete these steps:
- Go to http://www.cisco.com.
- Log in.
- Choose Support > Download Software > Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager > Interaction Manager Software > 4.2(5).
Choose Support > Download Software > Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified Web Interaction Manager > Interaction Manager Software > 4.2(5a).
On all servers
Verify the Regional Options setting on the file, services, database, and all application and web servers. In order to verify the setting complete these steps:
- Choose Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click Regional and Language Options.
- In the Regional and Language Options window, on the Regional Options tab, in the Standards and formats section, verify that English (United States) is selected.
On the database server
In order to verify settings complete these steps:
- Verify that the collation setting for the master, active, and archive databases is set to
In order to verify the database collation, run this query on the active, master, and archive databases:
- If you have already upgraded to Microsoft SQL server 2005, run the query on the databases on SQL Server 2005.
- If the databases are still on SQL Server 2000, run the query on SQL Server 2000.
On the SQL Server 2005 database server, verify that the collation setting is set to
In order to check the SQL Server collation, run this query:
On SQL Server 2005, verify that complex password policies are not enforced by the SQL Server 2005 instance. In order to verify this, run this query:
IF (SELECT distinct 1 FROM sys.sql_logins
WHERE is_policy_checked = 1) = 1
PRINT ?Complex password policy is enforced?
PRINT ?Complex password policy is not enforced
If you detect this condition, download 4.2(5a), read the release notes and install. 4.2(5a) is available on Cisco.com.
Refer to 4.2(5a) Release Notes for more information.
In order to use the bug ID link and see detailed bug information, you must be a registered customer and you must be logged in.
|CSCsx24230 (registered customers only)
||CIM 4.2(5) upgrade fails due to SQL Collation incompatibility CR : CISCO-673,CISCO-738
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of these methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Product Alert Tool - Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.