The workaround to this problem is to view the MAC Address from the BIOS. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Turn on the unit or reboot the server
2. While the system is booting and when prompted, press F9 to enter the System Setup Utility.
3. Once in the System Setup Utility, the MAC addresses will be on the right side of the screen (see picture).
Below is a picture of what the MAC Address looks like in the System Setup Utility:
A permanent solution is to obtain new MAC Address labels which can replace the existing MAC Address Labels.
In order to facilitate customers receiving new Labels, a special process with HP has been established, and will be in place until March 1, 2009. After this date elapses, this process will no longer exist.
To receive new MAC Address Labels, please do the following:
1. Compose an email to MACAddressLabelRequest@hp.com. This alias is monitored Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M to 6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (GMT-6).
2. In the Subject, enter "Label Request"
3. In the Body of the Email, please provide the following information:
Unit Serial #:
Purchase Date (if known):
Ship To Address: #enter a complete address of where the new Labels should be sent#
Note: You may provide more than one server serial number and ship to address in a single email using the format above for each server. For example:
Unit Serial #: 123456
Purchase Date: 03/01/2008
Customer Name: A Customer
Ship To Address: 123 A Lane
Unit Serial #: 789ABC
Purchase Date: 04/01/2008
Customer Name: B Customer
Ship To Address: 456 A Lane
4. You should receive an immediate response acknowleding receipt of your request.
5. Your label(s) should be shipped within 48 business hours and tracking information will be provided in an email.
If you do not receive tracking information within 48 business hours, you may send an email to MACAddressLabelRequest@hp.com with the Subject "ATTN: Quality Manager" and describe the issue.
If you have an email client configured on the computer that you are using to view this Field Notice, use one of these links to open a new email and then fill in the required information:
Escalation to Quality Manager