This document describes how to restore the Meetings softkey at the endpoint if it disappears after you replace a primary Cisco TelePresence System (CTS) codec. The information in this document can be used with touch-panel and midlet interfaces.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)
The information in this document is based on these software and hardware versions:
- TMS Versions 13.1 and Later
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
The information in this document can also be used with these hardware and software versions:
In order for the Meetings softkey to appear on the User Inferface (UI), the codec must be controlled by a management system: either CTS-Manager or TMS.
If the codec is controlled by CTS-Manager, then you must confirm that:
- The codec is added as a Controlled Device on the Application User profile that is used by CTS-Manager on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM):
- A discovery was performed on the CTS-Manager. You can update codec information in the CTS-Manager database.
- The CTS-Manager has connectivity to the endpoint over Ports 8080 (non-secure) or 8443 (secure).
Once these are verified, navigate to Support > Endpoints on the CTS-Manager. Select the affected endpoint on the list, and press the Update Schedule button:
If the codec is controlled by TMS, then you must confirm that:
- The codec is added as a Controlled Device on the Appplication User profile that is used by TMS on the UCM:
- The TMS shows the correct MAC Address under the system folder in the Systems Navigator page of TMS:
- The TMS has connectivity to the endpoint via TCP Ports 80 (non-secure) and 443 (secure).
Once these are verified, you can attempt to enforce management settings on the TMS for this endpoint: