Our routers for the backbone of the network provide massive scalability, intelligence, and convergence.
- Industry-leading Cisco nPower X1 network processor units (NPUs)
- Hardware-enabled true zero-packet, zero-topology loss (ZPL/ZTL) In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Ability to scale beyond one petabit in a multi-chassis configuration
- Enhanced operations support
- Packet-optical integration
- Industry-leading performance and advanced services intelligence
- Ideal for service providers across all market segments
- Up to 400 Gbps per slot
- Outstanding efficiency, requiring less power and rack space
Cisco edge routers bring you carrier-class reliability, massive capacity and scalability, and nonstop video and mobile experiences.
- Offers nonstop video, enhanced scalability, and reduced carbon footprint
- Ideal for carriers offering residential, mobile and business services
- Scales up to 96 Tbps per system with comprehensive system redundancy
- Offers unique service- and application-level intelligence
Highly programmable access and aggregation routers and switches featuring high density, small form factors, low power draw, economic scalability.
- Provides high-performance, carrier-class access and pre-aggregation services
- Ideal for service providers that deliver carrier Ethernet or mobile backhaul services
- Offers fully redundant capabilities in a hardened small-form-factor chassis
- Protects investments with its modular and upgradable design
- Scalable solution for flexible, cost-effective optical fiber access
- Ideal for providers offering services over active or passive optical networks
- Reliable OLT options and flexible ONT/ONU devices
- End-to-end validated solution with other Cisco products
- Seamless platform integration and interoperability
- High-performance, 960-Gbps throughput with 1.4 Bpps
- A small footprint with low power consumption
- Support for application hosting, machine-to-machine (M2M) interfacing, telemetry, and flexible package delivery
- High-performance with up to 288 100-Gb ports
- High capacity - up to 28 Tbps in one-third of a rack
- Redundant route processors, fabric, and power
- Low power consumption - approximately 0.3 Watts per 1 Gbps
Network transport and data center interconnect with Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Packet Optical Transport Systems.
- Designed for interconnecting data centers
- Supports up to 2 Tbps capacity
- Transport of 100-, 200-, or 250-Gbps wavelengths on the same platform through software provisioning
- Transport of 10 GE, 40 GE, and 100 GE on the same platform through software provisioning
- Touchless programmability, massive scale, and ultra-long-haul performance
- Seamless platform integration and interoperability
- Multilayer network intelligence
- A highly-scalable, agnostic fabric, supporting shelf and multi-chassis scale to more than 100 Tbps
- Full optical channel data unit (ODU-0) level switching, with ports supporting SONET/SDH, Ethernet, and channelized OTN
- Full IP, MPLS, MPLS-Transport Profile (TP), and Carrier Ethernet switching, supporting 10 Gb, 40 Gb, and 100 Gb Ethernet interfaces with the option of OTN encapsulation
Carrier class software and operating systems for network programmability, orchestration, and virtualization.
- A modular and fully distributed network operating system for service provider networks
- Highly available, highly secure routing platform
- Delivers routing-system scalability, service isolation, and manageability
- Supports network and service convergence while providing investment protection
Cable Modem Termination Systems (CMTSs)
Deliver Gigabit DOCSIS broadband data services with the most scalable CMTSs using our selection of universal broadband routers.
The cBR-8 is a next-generation evolved converged cable access platform that helps cable operators support multigigabit broadband services.
Get the performance, scalability, flexibility, and resilience you need to handle large cable headends.
Choose from a range of service-enabling, communications-grade CMTSs that address varying density, performance, and service requirements.
Edge Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM)
Converge MPEG video and DOCSIS data services onto a single port to reduce ongoing operational costs.
Deliver powerful triple-play services with this series of standards-based universal EQAM products.
Hybrid-Fiber Coaxial (HFC) Access
Choose the optical distribution and outside-plant products you need to deliver data, video, and voice services over HFC networks.
Use these optical transmission platforms to address concerns such as density, total cost of ownership (TCO), and end-user flexibility.
Plan site expansions with this series of low-cost, yet high-level-output compact nodes.
Use this 4 x 4 fully segmentable 1-GHz optical node platform to help your network easily scale services to meet customer demand.
Use this series of 1-GHz optical nodes to launch scalable services over your broadband video network.
Meet broadband network needs while providing superior reliability with these less expensive nodes designed for fiber-deep HFC networks.
Use these compact yet flexible RF amplifiers to deliver today's expanding interactive services including VoD, high-speed data, and VoIP.
Address the need for network design flexibility and cost-effectiveness with this series of 1-GHz amplifiers.
Meet broadband network needs and help ensure reliability with amplifiers that are optimized for trunk and distribution applications.
Gain maximum flexibility for your broadband video network with these traditional size 2-way, 4-way, and 8-way taps.