Improve Bandwidth Performance with MPEG-4 AVC
With up to 50 percent improvement in bit rate savings compared with MPEG-2 coding, Cisco MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding) technology helps you:
- Improve existing bandwidth performance
- Deploy advanced interactive and high-definition TV (HDTV) programming
- Reduce standard-definition (SD) programming costs
Deliver High Quality and Bandwidth Efficiency
Our MPEG-4 AVC solution includes encoders for both HD and SD video. This versatile portfolio helps you deliver high-performance, high-quality, bandwidth-efficient video to a rapidly expanding marketplace at a lower cost.
The Cisco MPEG-4 AVC solution offers:
- High video quality at low bit rates
- Third-generation HDTV encoders with AVC technology
- Next-generation SDTV encoders with AVC plug-in upgrade options
- Detail preserving, low bit-rate compression through advanced Cisco PreSightPlus preprocessing technology
- Simultaneous picture-in-picture encoding in the same encoder for IPTV applications
- Unique auto-concatenation footprint detection algorithm for digital video broadcasting–terrestrial (DVB-T), simulcast re-encoding, and contribution application
- Extensive experience in analog-to-digital migration
Cisco MPEG-4 AVC also provides options for SD or HD video delivery applications, including IPTV, DVB-T, content distribution over satellite, contribution, direct to home, and more.
Cisco MPEG-4 AVC Encoders
Already deployed worldwide, Cisco MPEG-4 AVC encoders provide an expandable, versatile, single-slice encoding architecture designed to deliver superior performance for many years.