Cloud Traffic to Dominate Data Centers
The Global Cloud Index report forecasts data center and cloud growth with related trends for 2014 – 2019. Highlights include:
- Global and regional data center and cloud traffic growth projections
- Global and regional workload transitions (virtualization) from traditional IT to cloud solutions
Our report assesses cloud-readiness* regional and country-level traffic data on broadband performance as a precursor for cloud service adoption by network consumers and business users.
* Cloud readiness compares average global network speeds and latencies (fixed and mobile) to assess each region's or country's ability to support a sample set of cloud services.
In October 2015, Cisco released its updated GCI report for 2014 – 2019. Highlights from the updated research include the following projections:
- Global data center traffic will grow nearly 3-fold
- By 2019, global data center traffic will reach 10.4 zettabytes per year
- By 2019, 83 percent of all data center traffic will come from the cloud
- By 2019, 4 out of 5 data center workloads will be processed in the cloud
From a regional perspective, the Global Cloud Index predicts that through 2019, the Middle East and Africa region is expected to have the highest cloud traffic growth rate (41 percent CAGR); followed by Central and Eastern Europe (38 percent CAGR); and North America (33 percent CAGR).
GCI Highlights Tool
See global and regional data center and cloud projections for 2014 – 2019.Launch Tool
Cisco Cloud Readiness Tool
Get details on regional and country-level cloud readiness.Launch Tool