Cloud Traffic to Dominate Data Centers
The Cisco Global Cloud Index (GCI) forecasts data center and cloud traffic and related trends:
- Data center and cloud traffic forecast offers projections from 2012-2017 on global data center and cloud traffic rates.
- Workload transition provides 2012-2017 projections for workloads moving from traditional IT to cloud solutions.
Cloud readiness provides regional and country-level data on broadband performance as a precursor for cloud service adoption by network consumers and business users.
In October 2013, Cisco released the Cisco Global Cloud Index Forecast, 2012 - 2017. Highlights from the updated research include the following projections:
- Global data center traffic will grow three-fold from 2012 to 2017.
- By 2017, global data center traffic will reach 7.7 zetabytes per year.
- By 2017, over two-thirds of all data center traffic will come from the cloud.
- By 2017, nearly two out of three data center workloads will be processed in the cloud.
From a regional perspective, the Cisco Global Cloud Index predicts that through 2017, the Middle East and Africa will have the highest cloud traffic growth rate (57 percent CAGR), followed by Asia Pacific (43 percent CAGR) and Central and Eastern Europe (36 percent CAGR). Read more in our press release.
GCI Highlights Tool
See global, regional, and country-level projections.Launch Tool
Cisco Cloud Readiness Tool
Get details on the regional and country-level cloud readiness.Launch Tool