CRS-3 In Action Demonstration
Simplify Core Networks
Today’s customers expect more from service providers. In addition to traditional connectivity services, customers demand video, voice, VPNs, and IP-rich media content delivery. To meet these demands while controlling costs and optimizing efficiency, you need to converge your core network infrastructure to a Cisco Evolved Programmable Network (EPN).
The Cisco EPN:
- Simplifies architecture for core networks
- Reduces capital and operating expenses
- Helps you deliver current services more efficiently
- Provides scalability and capacity for exponentially growing, bandwidth-intensive broadband services
By adopting a Cisco EPN framework with an intelligent, scalable Cisco IP/MPLS core routing solution, you can realize the full benefit of next-generation services.
Carrier Routing System for Core Networks
The Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) series provides industry-leading performance, advanced services intelligence, environmentally conscious design, and system longevity. Each model uses Cisco IOS XR Software, a unique self-healing, modular, distributed operating system. Models include the following:
- Cisco CRS-3, powered by Cisco QuantumFlow Array, offers from a single-chassis to a multichassis system up to 322 Tbps.
- Cisco CRS-1, built on the Cisco Silicon Packet Processor, offers from a single-chassis to a multishelf system up to 92 Tbps.
BGP Prefix Independent Convergence (PIC)
The Cisco CRS-3 helps carriers build a foundation for the next-generation Internet. Video, mobility, and data center cloud services are accelerating bandwidth needs and creating dynamic, multidirectional traffic patterns. Cisco CRS-3 offers customers one converged network to address these challenges.
Cisco CRS-3 is the industry's only router that combines:
- Unmatched multichassis scale (up to 322 Tbps)
- Unique core and data center cloud service attributes
- Exceptional savings
Powered by the Cisco QuantumFlow Array, the CRS-3 helps carriers capture growth in video, mobile, and data center cloud services.
Provide Flexibility and Massive Capacity
The Cisco Carrier Routing System delivers service flexibility, continuous operation, and massive capacity, and can scale up to 322 terabits per second.
Offer Highly Secure, Scalable Services
Cisco XR 12000 Series Routers offer highly secure virtualization, integral service delivery, continuous system operation, and multiservice scalability.
Increase Efficiency and Reduce Expenses
The Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform is deployed worldwide and reduces expenses while increasing network efficiency and investment protection.
Vodafone and Linksys 3G/Wireless Router Opens New Markets