Advanced Cable Lab Virtual Tour
Tour Cisco's Advanced Cable Lab, a real-world, 24-hour, end-to-end cable facility. It offers a complete digital and analog network video headend..
Converge Cable Transport Networks
Support the multiservice needs of today’s cable customers with the Cisco Cable IP Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture, products, and technologies. Cisco Cable Transport Solutions help you take full advantage of media-aware capabilities such as inline monitoring and video connection admission control.
Deliver High-Quality Service
The benefits of a converged cable transport network include:
- More efficient and reliable delivery of high-quality services for voice, video, high-speed data, and mobility applications
- Traffic monitoring in real-time using edge routers instead of having to buy additional cards or platforms
- Statistics collecting based on video frames
- Video service delivery scalability
- Superior performance of unicast and multicast traffic
Build a Complete Network
Cisco cable transport solutions include all the components you need to build a complete, end-to-end transport network. Cisco laboratories have extensively tested these components, identifying and addressing real-world challenges before deployment. The resulting cable transport solutions provide:
- Greatly reduced network deployment time
- Lower capital and operational expenditures
- Simpler operation
- Significantly increased network reliability
- Greatly enhanced subscriber experience
Converged, comprehensive, and scalable, Cisco cable transport solutions offer many choices for cable networks today and in the future, including the following:
- Video headends provide video either from a national deployment across the backbone or regionally from headends that receive feeds from satellites or terrestrially.
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platforms (MSTPs) are optical devices that perform dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM), so more traffic can flow over a single link.
- Cisco CRS-1 Carrier Routing Systems in the backbone provide massive scalability in the cable transport network for data, voice, video, and mobility services.
- Data services travel across the cable transport network via Internet peering, moving from the Cisco Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) across the optical rings to the peering point.
- Cisco base transceiver stations help enable voice services, which are handed off to the PSTN and then delivered through the CMTS and the cable modem.
- Branch offices use Cisco Integrated Services Routers, which can be connected via fiber or coaxial cable.
- TV streamers help enable on-demand services by taking content from the Internet or via satellite and storing it in a video vault for streaming through the set-top box.
Cisco Cable IP NGN Transport Solutions
Click to enlarge image
Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP)
Get the most deployed metro and regional DWDM solution in the world, with reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer technology for wavelength provisioning across entire networks.
Cisco Carrier Routing System
Scale to 92 Tbps to meet high-capacity demands and get long-term investment protection with this industry-leading, carrier-class routing system from Cisco.
Cisco 7600 Series Routers
Integrated, high-density Ethernet switching, carrier-class IP/MPLS routing, and 10-Gbps interfaces let you deliver consumer and business services over one Carrier Ethernet network.
Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
These routers deliver integrated, high-density Ethernet switching, carrier-class IP/MPLS routing, and 10-Gbps interfaces for services over one converged Carrier Ethernet network.
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches deliver comprehensive feature sets for core, distribution, wiring closet, data center, enterprise WAN routing, and metro Ethernet deployments.