Use the Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE) on a Cisco Unified WLAN
Context Aware Mobility Solution Deployment
March 29, 2013
Context Aware Services (CAS) provide the capability for a Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n network to determine the location of a person or object with an active Wi-Fi device, such as a wireless client or active RFID tag and associated data. This information can be passed by the end point through the wireless infrastructure to an upstream client.
When a Cisco Mobility Service Engine (MSE) is added to a Cisco Unified Wireless Network (UWN), it assumes responsibility for several important tasks:
- Execution of positioning algorithms
- Maintenance of calibration information
- Trigger and dispatch of location notifications
- Process of statistics and historical location
- Depository for geographical information, maps, and all wireless devices
To gain these benefits, be sure to use an appropriately licensed version of the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS).
Other Design and Deployment Guides
- MSE Software Release 7.2 Virtual Appliance Configuration and Deployment Guide
- MSE Software Release 7.2 High Availability Configuration and Deployment Guide