Security Beyond Traditional Defenses
Watch how to defend your network and accelerate threat detection and response.
Top Ranking in Data Center Security
Surveyed IT decision-makers choose Cisco as the top data center security supplier.
Forrester on Data Center Savings
A new report reveals the ROI of deploying the Cisco Secure Data Center Solution.
Cisco Data Center Security Accelerates Your Business
Systemize Threat Defense
Get the Cisco Threat Management with Next Gen IPS solution design guide.View Now
Address Data Security Threats
Get the Cisco Single Site Clustering with TrustSec solution design guide.View Now
Visibility to Detect Threats
Get the Cisco Cyber Threat Defense for the Data Center solution design guide.View Now
Cost-Effectively Improve Security
Forrester shows how to improve ROI with Cisco Secure Data Center Solution.Learn More
Ease of Provisioning
Deploy new, highly secure services in hours, not weeks. Take full advantage of the benefits of the Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance and Security Group Tags and reduce manual firewall rule policy management.
Get eight times the performance compared to competitive firewalls. Experience enhanced availability and resilience through shared virtual port channel and Cisco FabricPath innovations with Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches.
Extend a chain of trust from the user to the application through Security Group Tags. Threats are blocked before they can disrupt data center services through Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) solutions.
Cisco Data Center Security Products
- The Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv) operates in two modes: It provides firewall security services that can be stitched into Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) data transactions. Or it can provide security to the virtual tenant edge inside NX-OS environments.
- Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliances meet the high-performance needs of mission-critical data centers
- Cisco SWT Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software Release 9.0 delivers enterprise-class security capabilities for ASA devices
- Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall helps provide security to the tenant edge inside the data center, separating the compute from the virtual firewall
- Cisco Virtual Security Gateway for Nexus 1000V Series Switch helps provide granular inter-virtual machine security within a tenant
- Cisco vPath technology steers traffic to the designated Cisco virtual security gateway (find more information on the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches page
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches provide familiar physical Cisco switch features in the virtual environment
- Cisco IPS 4500 Series Sensors are specifically engineered for small data center spaces
- Cisco Virtual Network Management Center is a centralized console that helps administer security policies
Cisco Secure Data Center for Enterprise Portfolio
The Cisco Secure Data Center for the Enterprise is a portfolio of solutions that provides design and implementation guidance for businesses that need the best protection available to address today's advanced security threats.
The solution portfolio covers a number of interrelated solutions that can help security and system architects, network design engineers, advanced specialists, and customers:
Cisco Threat Management with NextGen IPS
This solution provides a comprehensive set of capabilities for a threat management system. Taking a unique approach, it examines how attackers approach data centers and illustrates how customers can integrate the Sourcefire NextGen IPS platform into their architectures to defend against cyber threats.
Single-Site Clustering with Cisco TrustSec
This solution connects key technologies, products, and associated architectures to bring application awareness to the data center fabric and network services. It provides:
- Simplified operations
- Increased high availability
- Enhanced security throughout the fabric
- Flexible scalability
- And more
Cisco Cyber Threat Defense for the Data Center Solution
Get guidance for detecting threats already operating in an internal network or data center. The solution provides deep and pervasive visibility, allowing security operators to understand the "how, what, when, where, and how" of network traffic to identify suspicious and anomalous activities.
Cisco Secure Enclave Architecture
Learn how you can create a more flexible, functional, and secure application environment within your data center. This solution provides a uniform foundation that can help you protect against compromise while delivering a simplified, standardized, and trusted approach for the management of shared resources.
Cisco Virtual Multi-Service Data Center (VMDC)
Cisco Virtual Multi-Service Data Center (VMDC) helps secure the Cisco Unified Data Center (UDC), which hosts mission-critical applications and sensitive data. Cisco UDC improves the economics of the data center by unifying computing, storage, networking, virtualization, and management into a single, fabric-based platform. This platform is designed to:
- Increase operating efficiencies
- Simplify IT operations
- Provide business agility
Tightly integrated with UDC are security controls provided by:
- Market-leading firewall
- Hardware-accelerated intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Appliances and applications for the virtual and multi-tenant environment
This VMDC environment is intuitive, powerful, and highly secure. It provides superior, real-time protection for critical information assets. A Cisco VMDC for data center design guide can help you get started.
Fitness Company Builds Secure Data Center (PDF - 1 MB)
Secure Data Center Solution Spurs Economic Growth (Case Study) (PDF - 1 MB)
Cisco Secure Enclaves Architecture White Paper (PDF - 2 MB)
Securing Virtual Applications and Servers
Smart Business Architecture - Virtualization with UCS, Nexus 1000v and VMWare
Three Necessary Security Measure to Empower Data Center Transformation
Virtual Security in the Data Center (PDF - 470 KB)