Cisco Data Center Security Accelerates Your Business
How Secure Is Your Data Center?
Learn what threats 150 companies most commonly face and how they're responding.Get Report
Cisco 2016 Annual Security Report
Are your defenses as resilient as your digital ambitions?Get Report
Visibility to Detect Threats
Get the Cisco Cyber Threat Defense for the Data Center solution design guide.View Now
Cost-Effectively Improve Security
Forrester shows how to improve ROI with Cisco Secure Data Center Solution.Learn More
Ease of Provisioning
Deploy new, highly secure services in hours, not weeks. Take full advantage of the benefits of the Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance and Security Group Tags and reduce manual firewall rule policy management.
Get eight times the performance compared to competitive firewalls. Experience enhanced availability and resilience through shared virtual port channel and Cisco FabricPath innovations with Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches.
Extend a chain of trust from the user to the application through Security Group Tags. Threats are blocked before they can disrupt data center services through Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) solutions.
Cisco Data Center Security Products
- The Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv) operates in two modes: It provides firewall security services that can be stitched into Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) data transactions. Or it can provide security to the virtual tenant edge inside NX-OS environments.
- Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliances meet the high-performance needs of mission-critical data centers
- Cisco SWT Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software Release 9.0 delivers enterprise-class security capabilities for ASA devices
- Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall helps provide security to the tenant edge inside the data center, separating the compute from the virtual firewall
- Cisco Virtual Security Gateway for Nexus 1000V Series Switch helps provide granular inter-virtual machine security within a tenant
- Cisco vPath technology steers traffic to the designated Cisco virtual security gateway (find more information on the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches page
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches provide familiar physical Cisco switch features in the virtual environment
- Cisco IPS 4500 Series Sensors are specifically engineered for small data center spaces
- Cisco Virtual Network Management Center is a centralized console that helps administer security policies
Cisco Secure Data Center for Enterprise Portfolio
The Cisco Secure Data Center for the Enterprise is a portfolio of solutions that provides design and implementation guidance for businesses that need the best protection available to address today's advanced security threats.
The solution portfolio covers a number of interrelated solutions that can help security and system architects, network design engineers, advanced specialists, and customers:
Cisco Secure Enclave Architecture
Create a more flexible, functional, and secure application environment within the data center. This CVD provides a uniform foundation that can help protect against compromise while delivering a simplified, standardized, and trusted approach for the management of shared resources.
View Design Guide (PDF - 2.5 MB)
Cisco ASA Clustering with FirePOWER Services
This design–now updated for multi-site clustering–brings application awareness and data protection to the data center fabric and network services. Application security and delivery are key operational fundamentals in the data center; however, managing policies for application workloads has created a significant operational challenge. This solution leverages a new approach by mapping users to data center assets in a way that provides consistency, simplification, and scalability, plus advanced threat protection across the fabric.
View Design Guide (PDF - 2. 44 MB)
Cisco Threat Management with NextGen IPS
Provides a comprehensive set of capabilities for a threat management system. Taking a unique approach, the CVD examines how attackers approach data centers and illustrates how customers can integrate Cisco FirePOWER appliances into their architectures to defend against cyber threats.
- View Design Guide for Threat Management with NextGen IPS (PDF - 3.77 MB)
- View Chinese version - Design Guide for Threat management with NextGen IPS (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- View French version - Design Guide for Threat Management with NextGen IPS (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- View German version - Design Guide for Threat Management with NextGen IPS (PDF - 4.4 MB)
- View Japanese version - Design Guide for Threat Management with NextGen IPS (PDF - 4.8 MB)
- View Korean version - Design Guide for Threat Management with NextGen IPS (PDF - 5.7 MB)
- View Implementation Guide for Threat Management with NextGen IPS (PDF - 2 MB)
- View Implementation Guide for Threat Management with Passive Mode NextGen IPS (PDF - 989 KB)
Cisco Cyber Threat Defense for the Data Center
Understand how to detect threats already operating in an internal network or data center. This solution uses network telemetry to provide deep and pervasive visibility across the data center to help security operators understand the how, what, when, and where of network traffic to identify suspicious and anomalous activities.
View Design Guide (PDF - 1.4 MB)
Cisco Virtual Multi-Service Data Center (VMDC)
Cisco Virtual Multi-Service Data Center (VMDC) helps secure the Cisco Unified Data Center (UDC), which hosts mission-critical applications and sensitive data. Cisco UDC improves the economics of the data center by unifying computing, storage, networking, virtualization, and management into a single, fabric-based platform. This platform is designed to:
- Increase operating efficiencies
- Simplify IT operations
- Provide business agility
For more information, go to the Cisco VMDC page.
Cisco Services for the Secure Data Center At-a-Glance ( PDF - 359 KB )
Lancope StealthWatch and the Cisco Secure Data Center At-a-Glance ( PDF - 282 KB )
Fitness Company Builds Secure Data Center
Molina Healthcare Customer Case Study ( PDF - 341 KB )
Secure Data Center Solution Spurs Economic Growth (Case Study) ( PDF - 1 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Multi Data Center Sites Deployment of Cisco ASA Clustering with FirePOWER Services Design and Implementation Guide ( PDF - 3 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with NextGen IPS Design Guide ( PDF - 4 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with NextGen IPS Design Guide (Chinese) ( PDF - 4 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with NextGen IPS Design Guide (French) ( PDF - 4 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with NextGen IPS Design Guide (German) ( PDF - 4 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with NextGen IPS Design Guide (Japanese) ( PDF - 4 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with NextGen IPS Design Guide (Korean) ( PDF - 5 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with NextGen IPS Implementation Guide ( PDF - 1 MB )
Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Threat Management with Passive Mode NextGen IPS Implementation Guide ( PDF - 989 KB )
Data Center Security That Accelerates Your Business
Cisco Data Center Security Mitigates Risk When Transitioning to the Private Cloud ( PDF - 396 KB )
Cisco Secure Enclaves Architecture White Paper ( PDF - 2 MB )
Data Center Microsegmentation: Enhance Security for Data Center Traffic
Gain Visibility in the Data Center with the Cisco NetFlow Generation Appliance Guide ( PDF - 891 KB )
IDC Solution Brief: Assessing the Business Value of SDN Datacenter Security Solutions ( PDF - 458 KB )
IDC Solution Brief: Assessing the Business Value of the Secured Datacenter ( PDF - 423 KB )
Infonetics: Data Center Security Strategies and Vendor Leadership ( PDF - 269 KB )
Secure ACI Data Centers: Deploying Highly Available Services with Cisco and F5 ( PDF - 4 MB )
Securing Virtual Applications and Servers
Smart Business Architecture - Virtualization with UCS, Nexus 1000v and VMWare
Three Necessary Security Measure to Empower Data Center Transformation
Virtual Security in the Data Center ( PDF - 470 KB )