Extend network business services on your wireless network to remote employees.
Connect Remote Workers with Business Resources
Give teleworkers comprehensive access to networked business services with the Cisco OfficeExtend solution. Cisco OfficeExtend is a purpose-built teleworking solution to deliver full 802.11n wireless performance with simultaneous dual-band support, which helps avoids congestion caused by many 2.4-GHz residential devices.
Unlike overlay solutions, the Cisco solution extends the same borderless network policy and security from the network core to the teleworker.
Benefits for Your Business
- Centrally manage and help secure remote access points in coordination with all other WLAN devices
- Minimize the risk of virus infiltration with segmented home and business traffic
- Permit or deny access based on user identity with 802.1X access control
- Speed set-up time with streamlined IT provisioning
- Provide high-performance tunneling with CAPWAP standard
Benefits for the Teleworker
- Get full 802.11n wireless access plus 2.4-GHz and 5.0-GHz RF support
- Set it up quickly with zero-touch deployment
- Protect personal network traffic through an integrated firewall
- Access personal printers and use Cisco Unified Communications products such as dual-mode, soft, and voice-over-Wi-Fi phones
- Easily interoperate Cisco WebEx and other apps
Cisco OfficeExtend Solution Components
- Cisco 2500 Series WLAN Controller
- Cisco 5500 Series WLAN Controller
- Cisco 7500 Series WLAN Controller
- Cisco 8500 Series WLAN Controller
- Cisco Virtual Wireless Controller
- Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2)
*OfficeExtend mode is also supported on additional Cisco Aironet indoor access points (internal antenna models only), except for the AP-700i and 702W.