Dual-Band 802.11n Performance for the Home Teleworker
CIS-113293 Aironet 600 OE VDS
Video Data Sheet
Learn more about Cisco OfficeExtend Solution. (4:10 min)
Get the Flash Player
Give teleworkers comprehensive access to networked business services with the Cisco OfficeExtend solution. The solution comprises the Cisco Aironet 600 Series Access Point, the Cisco 5500 Series WLAN Controller or Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2), and the optional Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS).
Cisco OfficeExtend is the only purpose-built teleworking solution to deliver full 802.11n wireless performance with simultaneous dual-band support, which avoids congestion caused by residential devices.
Unlike overlay solutions, the Cisco solution extends the same borderless network policy and security from the network core to the teleworker.
Benefits for Your Business
- Minimize the risk of virus infiltration into the corporate environment with segmented home and business traffic.
- Use 802.1X access control to permit or deny access based on user identity.
- Speed set-up time with streamlined IT provisioning.
- Centrally manage and help secure remote access points in coordination with all other WLAN devices.
- Provide high-performance tunneling with Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) standard.
Benefits for the Teleworker
- Get full 802.11n wireless access with industry-leading performance and reliability.
- Minimize home device congestion with simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio frequency support.
- Reduce turn-up time with zero-touch deployment.
- Use with Cisco Unified Communications products: dual-mode phones, soft phones, and voice-over-Wi-Fi phones.
- Easily interoperate with collaboration applications such as Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx.
Get Ready for the 2020 Workforce
Connect on Facebook
Join Cisco at Interop New York
Cisco CleanAir in Action