802.11ac in the Real World
Learn how your peers are deploying the newest Wi-Fi standard.
802.11n Can Manage Mission-Critical Wireless Needs
Modernize your network with up to six times more performance than legacy 802.11a/b/g networks, and add the capacity and reliability required for multimedia and business-critical applications. The 802.11n standard can increase your wireless network's performance, reliability, and predictability.
Why Upgrade to 802.11n
Smartphones use as much bandwidth as 200 legacy devices and are placing increasing demands on wireless networks. Prepare your network to support the influx of new mobile devices. Implementing 802.11n can allow organizations to lower TCO by delivering a reliable wireless network that supports a broad range of mobility applications without compromising total network performance.
Why You Should Upgrade with Cisco
Cisco offers the components needed to efficiently create a highly secure and seamless user experience across all scenarios. Cisco technology can empower IT to provide greater business freedom with high-performance, context-aware network solutions to fully address many types of users with different device, security, and business requirements.
Cisco 802.11n wireless networks are enhanced with the following features:
- Cisco Clean Air technology - Create a self-healing, self-optimizing wireless network that mitigates the impact of wireless interference
- Cisco VideoStream - Provide clear, accurate video images everywhere by efficiently delivering multicast video from the wired to the wireless network
- Cisco ClientLink - Allow access points to fill in coverage holes, increase access to both 802.11a/g legacy and 802.11n clients, and provide improved signal coverage even in challenging RF environments
More Applications and Users, Faster Connections
With 802.11n technology, organizations can gain unprecedented reliability and an increase in throughput than with the current 802.11a/b/g networks. 802.11n technology can provide mobile users with a reliable wireless network that supports a broad range of mobility applications without compromising total network performance. It offers:
- Anytime access to network resources and applications
- Optimum performance to support the growing number of BYOD mobile users
- Quality of service, for consistent voice and video over the wireless LAN
- Reliable connections for mission-critical applications
- Predictable coverage for challenging RF environments
Adoption of 802.11n wireless today protects long-term investments and allows organizations to lower their total cost of ownership by delivering the performance needed to support new applications and meet user expectations for mobility.
Fundamentals of Spatial Streams
All Beamforming Solutions Are Not Equal
Cisco ClientLink: Optimized Device Performance with 802.11n
Industry Leading Performance with CiscoÃ•s Aironet 3600 Series Access Point
Industry Leading Performance with Cisco’s Aironet 3600 Series Access Point
Key Performance Benefits of 802.11n
Miercom Lab Testing Report: Cisco Aironet 3600 Series (PDF - 333 KB)
Wireless LAN Design Guide for High Density Client Environments in Higher Education