Get Enterprise-Class Multiprotocol Storage Switching
Enterprise data centers like yours increasingly rely on Ethernet storage networking protocols, including:
- Small Computer System Interface over IP (iSCSi)
- Network-attached storage (NAS)
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
You can deploy each of these cost-effective, flexible options for scalable SANs on the same infrastructure for more efficient use of your data center equipment.
Get lossless multiprotocol Ethernet storage networking with the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Data Center Switches. These switches exceed requirements for a successful Ethernet storage deployment, and they offer you options to scale installations and architect new data centers.
Benefits for Ethernet Storage Networks
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches provide your enterprise with:
- Highly available physical and logical design, with zero-loss, nonstop operation and five nines availability
- In-service software upgrades for uninterrupted forwarding of storage traffic
- Simplified management of LAN and SAN through Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
- Massive scalability with virtual port channels (vPCs) and Cisco FabricPath
- Segmentation and isolation for storage traffic with virtual device contexts (VDCs)
Choose from a variety of form factors for the Cisco Nexus 7000 platform. The largest model is the Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch, which supports up to 768 ports of Gigabit Ethernet (GE) or 512 ports of 10 Gigabit lossless Ethernet. For additional investment protection, the platform can scale and support future 40 GE and 100 GE interfaces.
The ROI of Converged Networks (PDF - 332 KB)
Impact of FCoE on Enterprise SANs (PDF - 860 KB)
Storage Enterprise Assurance Lab (SEAL)
Learn about interoperability matrices and best practices for Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) deployments.
FCoE Fault Tolerance: Achieve High Availability in a Converged Network
FCoE Management: Secure Storage Traffic in a Converged Network
Find details about hardware devices, software applications, and specialized components that relate to your networking solution.