Transforming the Desktop
This video whiteboard highlights virtual desktop innovations from Cisco and VMware. (3:48 min)
Transforming the Desktop
Learn how Cisco and VMware deliver cost-effective mobile workspaces.Watch Webinar
Desktop Virtualization with VMware
Improve VDI with Cisco UCS and VMware View solutions. (PDF - 1.09 MB)Read Overview
Get Started Today for Less
Cisco UCS Solution Accelerator Paks with VMware Horizon View. (PDF - 451 KB)Learn How
Why Choose Cisco and VMware
Desktop Virtualization with VMware Horizon View and Cisco Unified Data Center delivers scalable solutions that simplify management, optimize user experiences, and offer superior price-to-performance ratios for customers of all sizes.
These VDI solutions are fully integrated with VMware vCenter. They offer:
- The industry's fastest-growing blade server solution and the most widely adopted virtualization platforms
- A superior price-to-performance ratio that helps organizations grow deployments to match business demands
- A simplified provisioning and operations model that can spin up virtual desktops in minutes instead of hours or days
- Uncompromised user experiences across user devices and locations, delivered across a QoS-enabled data center and network
- An accelerated path to ROI with competitively priced infrastructure and software that reduces VDI deployment risks and initial capital outlay
Desktop IT managers can now benefit from the combined strengths of Cisco UCS and VMware Horizon View. Deploy and easily scale virtual desktops, free of the guesswork traditionally associated with sizing, installing, and expanding virtual infrastructure.
Customers of all sizes who want to implement desktop virtualization can confidently deploy a day-1 infrastructure that provides an optimized balance of memory, I/O capacity, and CPU processing power. The result is a price to performance ratio that delivers significantly lower incremental costs as virtual desktop seats are added.
With Cisco and VMware solutions, desktops can easily be delivered as a service from a single integrated platform. Now IT can quickly scale up and down desktop services on demand to meet changing business needs and proactively protect against unplanned downtime.
Built with VMware Horizon View and Cisco UCS, which offers a stateless provisioning and operations model, the virtual desktop solution is fully integrated with VMware vCenter. It takes full advantage of Cisco UCS Manager and View Manager with linked clones to help organizations deploy new virtual desktops to users in minutes.
Cisco Validated Designs
- VMware View on Flexpod
- Cisco Solution for EMC VSPEX End User Computing for 2000 VMware Horizon View 5.3 Users (PDF - 12 MB)
- Cisco Solution for EMC VSPEX End User Computing for 2000 VMware Horizon View 5.2 Users
- Cisco Solution for EMC VSPEX with VMware View 5.1.2 for 500 Desktops (PDF - 27 MB)
- Cisco Solution for EMC VSPEX End User Computing for 2000 VMware Horizon View 5.1.2 Users (PDF - 20 MB)
Cisco Reference Architectures with VMware Horizon View
- Deploy 200 VMware Horizon View 5.3 Pooled Desktops with LSI Nytro MegaRAID and Onboard SAS Drives
- Reference Architecture for Cisco UCS with VMware Horizon View and Nimble Storage for 1000 Virtual Desktops (PDF - 3.3 MB)
- Reference Architecture for Nexenta Storage with Cisco UCS and VMware Horizon View (PDF - 3.1 MB)
- VMware View 5.1 Stateless Reference Architecture with Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI and Cisco UCS (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization with Tegile Zebi Storage for 1000 Virtual Desktops
Additional Cisco Networking Design Guidance for VMware View
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites computing, networking, storage access, and virtualization.
Simplify desktop and application management while increasing security and control with Vmware View. Deliver a personalized high-fidelity experience for end users across sessions and devices.
Enhance regulatory compliance and simplify virtual-environment audit processes with the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
Diebold Revolutionizes ATM ‘s with VDI
Garland Independent School District Implements VDI staff (PDF - 438 KB)
Global Enterprise Scales to Meet Real-Time Demand (PDF - 327 KB)
Healthcare Provider Streamlines Workflow with Virtual Desktops (PDF - 346 KB)
Hertz Improves Efficiency, Cuts Costs
Hospital Provides Secure Virtual Desktops to Clinical Staff (PDF - 2 MB)
IPS Offers More Connected Learning at Lower Cost (PDF - 435 KB)
Local Government Council Improves Productivity with Highly Resilient Desktop-as-a-Service (PDF - 226 KB)
Oak Hills School District (PDF - 638 KB)
School District Virtualizes Desktops, Transforms Management (PDF - 950 KB)
VMware View 5.1 Stateless Reference Architecture with Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI and Cisco UCS (PDF - 1 MB)
Cisco UCS Invicta Series Solid-State Systems (PDF - 1 MB)
Cisco UCS with VMware Horizon View: Accelerate Desktop Virtualization Deployments (PDF - 4 MB)
Optimizing VMware Horizon View with UCS Storage Accelerator (PDF - 1 MB)
See how Cisco, VMware and Nimble Storage are simplifying VDI
Cisco UCS B200 Blade Server: Uncompromised Virtual Desktop Performance with VMware View 5
Cisco UCS C240-M3 Rack Server with NVIDIA GRID Cards On VMware Horizon View 5.3
Cisco and VMware: Integrated Management Solutions for the Virtualized Data Center (PDF - 2 MB)
Cisco, NVIDIA, and VMware : High-Performance Virtual Desktops (PDF - 1 MB)
VMware Virtual SAN with Cisco Unified Computing System Reference Architecture