Cisco UCS and VMware Horizon
Applications and Desktop Virtualization For Your Business.
Why Choose Cisco and VMware
Desktop Virtualization with VMware Horizon View and Cisco Unified Data Center delivers scalable solutions that simplify management, optimize user experiences, and offer superior price-to-performance ratios for customers of all sizes.
These VDI solutions are fully integrated with VMware vCenter. They offer:
- The industry's fastest-growing blade server solution and the most widely adopted virtualization platforms
- A superior price-to-performance ratio that helps organizations grow deployments to match business demands
- A simplified provisioning and operations model that can spin up virtual desktops in minutes instead of hours or days
- Uncompromised user experiences across user devices and locations, delivered across a QoS-enabled data center and network
- An accelerated path to ROI with competitively priced infrastructure and software that reduces VDI deployment risks and initial capital outlay
Desktop IT managers can now benefit from the combined strengths of the Cisco Unified Communications System (Cisco UCS) and VMware Horizon (with View). You can deploy and easily scale virtual desktops, free of the guesswork traditionally associated with sizing, installing, and expanding virtual infrastructure.
We have developed Cisco Validated Designs for many VMware Horizon configurations, investing an average of 2000 hours on each. These design guides will help you in deploying your desktop virtualization solution. You’ll learn, for example, how to engineer the back-end storage and the server infrastructure and how to provision and manage the environment overall.
Customers of all sizes who want to implement desktop virtualization can confidently deploy a "Day 1" infrastructure that provides an optimized balance of memory, I/O capacity, and CPU processing power. The result is a price-to performance ratio that delivers significantly lower incremental costs as virtual desktop seats are added.
Built with VMware Horizon (with View) and Cisco UCS, which offers a stateless provisioning and operations model, the virtual desktop solution is fully integrated with VMware vCenter. It takes full advantage of Cisco UCS Manager and View Manager with linked clones to help organizations deploy new virtual desktops to users in minutes.
Use our Desktop Virtualization Design Navigator to help you find the design guide or reference architecture that best suits your needs.
Recent Cisco Validated Designs and Reference Architectures for Desktop Virtualization with VMware Horizon (with View)
- Cisco Validated Design - July 2016 - FlashStack with Cisco UCS and Pure Storage FlashArray//m for 5000 VMware Horizon View 6.2 Users
- Reference Architecture - January 2016 - Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server with VMware Horizon 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6
- Reference Architecture - December 2015 - Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack Server with Horizon 6 and VMware Virtual SAN 6.0 All-Flash Configuration
Additional Cisco Networking Design Guidance for VMware View
- Cisco Solutions for VMware View Environment Design Guide
- Cisco Application Networking Services for VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Deployment Guide
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites computing, networking, storage access, and virtualization.
Simplify desktop and application management while increasing security and control with Vmware View. Deliver a personalized high-fidelity experience for end users across sessions and devices.
Enhance regulatory compliance and simplify virtual-environment audit processes with the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
Diebold Revolutionizes ATM ‘s with VDI
Garland Independent School District Implements VDI staff ( PDF - 438 KB )
Global Enterprise Scales to Meet Real-Time Demand ( PDF - 327 KB )
Healthcare Provider Streamlines Workflow with Virtual Desktops ( PDF - 346 KB )
Hertz Improves Efficiency, Cuts Costs
Hospital Provides Secure Virtual Desktops to Clinical Staff ( PDF - 2 MB )
IPS Offers More Connected Learning at Lower Cost ( PDF - 435 KB )
Local Government Council Improves Productivity with Highly Resilient Desktop-as-a-Service ( PDF - 226 KB )
Oak Hills School District ( PDF - 638 KB )
School District Virtualizes Desktops, Transforms Management ( PDF - 950 KB )
Cisco UCS and VMware Horizon: Applications and Desktop Virtualization for Your Business
Cisco UCS and VMware Virtual SAN for VDI: A Hyperconverged Solution ( PDF - 983 KB )
Cisco UCS with VMware Horizon View: Accelerate Desktop Virtualization Deployments ( PDF - 4 MB )
Optimizing VMware Horizon View with UCS Storage Accelerator ( PDF - 1 MB )
See how Cisco, VMware and Nimble Storage are simplifying VDI
Cisco Reference Architecture for VMware Horizon View and EMC VSPEX ( PDF - 20 MB )
Cisco UCS B200 Blade Server: Uncompromised Virtual Desktop Performance with VMware View 5
Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack Server with Horizon 6 and VMware Virtual SAN 6.0 All-Flash Configuration
Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack Server with VMware Virtual SAN 6.0 and Horizon 6
Cisco UCS Mini, Nimble Storage, and VMware Horizon 6 with View Mixed Workload on Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Servers
Cisco Unified Computing System with VMware Horizon 6 with View and Virtual SAN
Cisco and VMware: Integrated Management Solutions for the Virtualized Data Center ( PDF - 2 MB )
Cisco, NVIDIA, and VMware : High-Performance Virtual Desktops ( PDF - 1 MB )
Integrate Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack Server with NVIDIA GRID Graphics Processing Unit Card on VMware Horizon View 6.1
VMware Virtual SAN with Cisco Unified Computing System Reference Architecture