You want to provide applications, content, and data anytime, anywhere, on any device. You also want to simplify desktop operations, improve security, manage costs, and help the business. Desktop virtualization provides a high-quality user experience while managing security and total cost of ownership. Desktop as a service (DaaS) allows you to enjoy the many benefits of desktop virtualization without having to acquire, build, and manage your own infrastructure.
DaaS benefits your whole organization:
- For employees, DaaS provides a high-quality experience on any device
- For IT staff, DaaS is scalable, simple to deploy, and highly secure
- For your organization, DaaS improves agility and productivity, and lowers costs
Our DaaS solutions are deployed on proven Cisco data center, network, and cloud architectures. They are highly scalable and adapt easily to your changing business needs.
Cisco DaaS Solutions are provided by Cisco Cloud Provider Partners and are part of the Cisco Powered program. With a Cisco Powered solution, you can be sure:
- Your services are delivered from proven, Cisco validated architectures
- Your provider has met strict qualifications for delivering Cisco Powered services
- Every service you consume has been audited by a third party
- Cisco DaaS Solutions Brief (PDF - 774 KB)
- IDC Whitepaper - The Workspace-as-a-Service Opportunity: Why Now Is the Time for Desktop as a Service (PDF - 226 KB)
- IDC Infographic: Why Now is the Time for Desktop as a Service (PDF - 1.3 MB)
- Learn more about on-premises desktop virtualization solutions.
- End Users: Cisco Powered Desktop as a Service Solutions At-a-Glance (PDF - 370 KB)
- Cloud Providers: Cisco Powered Desktop as a Service Solutions At-a-Glance (PDF - 563 KB)
- Success Story: Service Provider Delivers More Productivity with a Flexible DaaS Solution (Dimension Data) (PDF - 430 KB)
- Success Story: IT Services Firm Goes Global with Cisco DaaS Quest (PDF - 621 KB)
- Success Story: Managed IT Services Provider Expands Offerings with Cisco DaaS (Netelligent) (PDF - 422 KB)
We partner with Citrix, the leader in desktop and application virtualization, for one of the Cisco DaaS Solutions. Citrix has a strong history with Cisco and cloud providers, and has added desktop as a service to its portfolio. The Citrix DaaS solution helps you:
- Provide simple, self-service IT that offers freedom and flexibility
- Pay for only what you use as a predictable monthly expense
- Support business operations and staff during a disruption
The Citrix solution provides:
- Anytime, anywhere access to desktops, apps, and data
- An optimal user experience to any device over any network
- Centralized management and upgrades of desktops and applications
- Up-to-date security and compliance
- Business continuity and disaster recovery enhancement
The Cisco DaaS Solution with Citrix has been fully tested and validated. Our modular cloud architecture is highly scalable and highly secure, provides superior performance with more virtual desktops per server, and adapts easily to your changing business needs.
We partner with VMware, the leading virtualization provider and a strong Cisco partner, for one of the Cisco DaaS Solutions. VMware's DaaS solution, Desktone by VMware, was built from the ground up to deliver desktops and applications as a cloud service.
With DaaS, you can quickly realize the full potential and benefits associated with virtual desktop (VDI) environments. You gain reduced deployment complexity; improved management, security, and compliance; and superior employee productivity. But you skip the capital expense and systems integration required of building and deploying your own systems.
With virtual desktops and applications in the cloud, you reap the benefits of desktop virtualization and leave the hardware, software, and performance issues to your cloud provider. Desktops and apps as a cloud service make desktop virtualization:
- Easier to deploy
- Less expensive to manage and maintain
- High performing
- More flexible
- More secure
The Cisco DaaS Solution with Desktone by VMware has been fully tested and validated. Our modular cloud architecture is highly scalable and highly secure, provides superior performance with more virtual desktops per server, and adapts easily to your changing business needs.