Implementing Big Data and Analytics for Business Success
Data is driving digital transformation, and data is the true competitive advantage. A major marketplace transition is underway where companies are looking for answers: How should companies transform themselves to use rapidly evolving digital technologies?
Data delivers the insights that lead to better decisions. It enables organizations to be more effective. And data delivers better experiences to customers, partners, and employees to create longer lasting and more productive relationships.
But reaching these insights requires an integrated infrastructure that’s ready for analytics so it can enable a broad range of solutions from Cisco and its partners. Organizations that use their data and turn it into strategic information will lead their industries through the digital transformation.
Operational Intelligence at Scale
See how Cisco and Splunk work together to accelerate your time to insight.Learn More
Cisco UCS with Platfora
Powerful Big Data Discovery Dramatically Accelerates Customer Insights (PDF - 587 KB )Read More
UCS with IBM BigInsights
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with IBM BigInsights (PDF - 302 KB )Learn More
Data is the foundation of digital business. Cisco and our partners capture, organize, prepare, and handle all your available data, while providing the speed, consistency and repeatability necessary for deploying and managing a successful big data and analytics service.
Be a disruptor in the market place by unlocking the value hidden in your data through data management, data preparation, and analytics to create tomorrow’s trends. Manage diverse sets of data and technologies cohesively, while delivering the analytics and data access control required by your business. Make the transformative power of Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data the foundation for the future of your business.
Cisco has a broad big data portfolio. We provide integrated infrastructures and analytics to support Hadoop distributions and our big data partner ecosystem.
We bring 30 years of breadth, leadership, and vision to guide businesses through networking and infrastructure challenges.
We help customers create integrated infrastructure that in turn connects their data from the data center to the edge. Cisco and our partners connect all company data and hyperdistributed environments to unlock data from a hardware or software standpoint.
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data architecture provides a secure and scalable infrastructure. Cisco leads the market by integrating technology with innovative and disruptive software companies. While the industry is bringing data to computing, Cisco is bringing the computing and analytics to the data to take advantage of the valuable insight that it reveals.
Learn about our Big Data and Analytics solution by viewing our Infographics:
- Cisco UCS and Platfora for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 804 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Splunk for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 805 KB)
- Cisco UCS and MapR for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 844 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Hortonworks for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 808 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Cloudera for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 808 KB)
IoE Data Engineering Challenges
Overcome IoE challenges with MapR and Cisco Big Data solutionsRead White Paper
Better Big Data Performance
Learn the many benefits of Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data. (3:00 min)Watch Now
Big Data Infographic
Learn about the 5 Must-Haves for Your Big Data Infrastructure (PDF - 925 KB )Download Paper
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data integrates industry-leading computing, networking, and management capabilities into a unified, fabric-based architecture optimized for big data workloads.
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data is a highly efficient, scalable, high-performance solution that can help your organization grow quickly and cost-effectively. Use it to deliver insights faster, and reduce total cost of ownership (TCO). Cisco UCS for Big Data innovations allow you to unlock the intelligence in your data to help you create a sustainable, competitive business advantage.
As enterprise big data workloads increase in size and complexity, the network will play a crucial role in ensuring workloads are completed and insights are timely delivered. Cisco offers an ideal solution to solve network constraints caused by increasing network traffic: Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
ACI can apply big data policies to dynamically load balance big data flows across racks in a multi-rack cluster. ACI can detect congestion on the top-of-rack switches and then re-route big data traffic using alternate pathways. The result is often triple-digit percentage improvements in the workload completion times and throughput of big data jobs.
As the Internet of Everything (IoE) era ushers in billions of new connections, a perimeter-based security approach alone is no longer sufficient. Cisco big data infrastructure is supported by an extensive security architecture that’s specifically designed to address the challenges of the IoE era.
In addition to our extensive portfolio of physical and virtual security appliances and firewalls, the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) solution allows enterprises to move beyond static security defenses. AMP provides a continuous assessment model that encompasses what needs to be done before, during, and after security attacks. It’s an important component for successful big data deployments.
The true value from big data and analytics comes from acting on the insights found when connecting the unconnected.
Cisco brings together big data and analytics in a way no other company can. Currently, we can connect more people, processes, data, and things than any other company. We can also bring analytics to data wherever it is. No matter how big or how remote, we can help you turn information into action almost instantly.
We bring data access and analytics to the edge of the network to provide near-real-time information and insight. You can use these insights to change behavior, capture opportunity, respond to threats, and improve your business.
Learn more about comprehensive big data and analytics solutions from Cisco and our partners.
Cisco Connected Analytics are packaged analytics that take full advantage of Cisco networking technologies and data.
Cisco Data Virtualization is agile data integration software that makes it easy to access data, no matter where it resides.
Cisco Big Data Warehouse Expansion is a solution that assists customers with strategy, tools, and processes to reduce warehouse management costs by moving infrequently used data to low-cost big data stores.
Cisco Data in Motion extracts value from data before it is stored in order to act on the most relevant data while it is still in motion.
Cisco Prime Analytics provides a scalable, real-time analytics platform that allows adaptation to customer environments.
Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler is a highly scalable workload automation solution that manages diverse business processes across a broad set of applications, systems, and environments.
Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data
Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data provides a single-touch solution that automates deployment of Hadoop on leading UCS CPA for Big Data infrastructure. It also provides a single management pane across both physical infrastructure and Hadoop software. All elements of the infrastructure are handled automatically with minimal user input. Through this approach, configuration of physical compute, storage, and networking infrastructure is integrated with the deployment of operating systems, Java packages, and Hadoop along with the provisioning of Hadoop services. It is also integrated with major Hadoop distributions to help ensure consistent and repeatable cluster configuration, relieving customers from manual operations.
Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data offers:
Simplicity and Agility
Because the solution extends the service profile into the Hadoop application space, you gain a reliable and consistent mechanism to not only define the infrastructure, but also the Hadoop services running on the cluster. Hadoop admins get a systemwide perspective, which allows them to correlate Hadoop activity with network and compute activity on the Hadoop nodes.
Out-of-the-Box High Performance and Scalability
Built on top of UCS CPA for Big Data, this product delivers a Hadoop cluster designed for high performance and massive scalability.
Extensible and Programmable Management Framework
You can use the open northbound REST API to customize the solution, build add-on services, or integrate it with third-party applications.
Big data environments are pushing the performance limits of business processing solutions. Platforms such as Hadoop can help analyze large amounts of complex, unstructured data, but they require time-consuming management and can create service-level agreement (SLA) performance bottlenecks.
Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler provides workload automation that facilitates the flow of data between a wide variety of applications like Hadoop, cutting costs and increasing the value realized from big data.
Cisco UCS Director Express
Get seamless automation and management for big data. (6:41 min)Watch Now
- Automate Big Data Environment (PDF - 200 KB)
Cisco Unified Data Center solutions for MapR increase business and IT agility
- Control Big Data Management Costs (PDF - 171 KB)
Cisco helps reduce the time and risk of deploying and managing Hadoop infrastructures.
- End-to-End Workload Automation (PDF - 163 KB)
Explore the value of Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler.
Intel, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- MSA: Putting the Power of Data to Work with MapR and Cisco (PDF - 823 KB)
- Liaison: Going Big(Data) with MapR Hadoop and Cisco UCS (PDF - 2.2 MB)
- Quantium: New niche in Data Analytics Market with MapR and Cisco UCS (PDF - 2.86 MB)
- Solutionary: Boosts Security with Cisco and MapR Technologies (PDF - 759 KB)
- IT Operations Analytics on Cisco UCS with Splunk (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Platfora Big Data Analytics and Cisco UCS Solution Brief (PDF - 661 KB)
- Cisco Bigdata Introductory Brochure (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data and Cisco ACI with SAP HANA Vora (PDF - 499 KB)
- Security Analytics on Cisco UCS with Splunk: Improve Threat Detection and Accelerate Response (PDF - 909 KB)
- Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with IBM BigInsights for Apache Hadoop (PDF - 731 KB)
- Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with Cloudera Enterprise (PDF - 528 KB)
- UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with Optional Tiered Storage Extension (PDF - 450 KB)
- Security Analytics on Cisco UCS with Platfora (PDF - 546 KB)
- Secure Big Data and Analytics Platform with Cisco UCS and Vormetric (PDF - 374 KB)
- Get Your Data Ready in Less Time with Cisco Data prep on Cisco UCS (PDF - 373 KB)
- Customer Analytics with Cisco UCS and Platfora (PDF - 587 KB)
- Security Analytics with Cisco UCS and Splunk (PDF - 598 KB)
- IT Operations Analytics with Cisco UCS and Splunk (PDF - 598 KB)
- Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with MapR (PDF - 264 KB)
- Cisco UCS Infrastructure for Big Data and Splunk Enterprise (PDF - 345 KB)
- Cisco UCS and SAS: A Platform for Fast Data Analytics (PDF - 487 KB)
- Cisco UCS benchmark results for TPC Express HS (TPCs-HS) (PDF - 138 KB)
- Cloudera-Intel-Cisco Hadoop Benchmark TOI (External) What matters in a Hadoop Cluster? (PDF - 5.9 MB)
- Optimize Data Engineering with MapR & Cisco (PDF - 569 KB)
- Building a Datacenter Infrastructure to Support Your Big Data Plans (PDF - 567 KB)