Big Data and Analytics for Dummies
Learn about big data fundamentals, use cases, and infrastructure deployments.
Implementing Big Data and Analytics for Business Success
Data is driving digital transformation, and data is the true competitive advantage. A major marketplace transition is underway where companies are looking for answers: How should companies transform themselves to use rapidly evolving digital technologies?
Data delivers the insights that lead to better decisions. It enables organizations to be more effective. And data delivers better experiences to customers, partners, and employees to create longer lasting and more productive relationships.
But reaching these insights requires an integrated infrastructure that’s ready for analytics so it can enable a broad range of solutions from Cisco and its partners. Organizations that use their data and turn it into strategic information will lead their industries through the digital transformation.
Cisco and MapR Webinar
Learn more about how Quantium enters a new niche in Data Analytics market with MapR and Cisco UCSRegister Now
Cisco UCS with Platfora
Cisco UCS for Big Data and Analytics Brochure (PDF - 1.5 MB )Read More
UCS with IBM BigInsights
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with IBM BigInsights (PDF - 1.2 MB )Learn More
Data is the foundation of digital business. Cisco and our partners capture, organize, prepare, and handle all your available data, while providing the speed, consistency and repeatability necessary for deploying and managing a successful big data and analytics service.
Be a disruptor in the market place by unlocking the value hidden in your data through data management, data preparation, and analytics to create tomorrow’s trends. Manage diverse sets of data and technologies cohesively, while delivering the analytics and data access control required by your business. Make the transformative power of Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data the foundation for the future of your business.
Cisco has a broad big data portfolio. We provide integrated infrastructures and analytics to support our big data partner ecosystem.
We bring 30 years of breadth, leadership, and vision to guide businesses through networking and infrastructure challenges.
We help customers create integrated infrastructures that in turn connects their data from the data center to the edge. Cisco and our partners connect all company data and hyper-distributed environments to unlock data from a hardware or software standpoint.
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data architecture provides a secure and scalable infrastructure. Cisco leads the market by integrating technology with innovative and disruptive software companies. While the industry is bringing data to computing, Cisco is bringing the computing and analytics to the data to take advantage of the valuable insight that it reveals.
Learn more about our big data and analytics partners:
- Cisco UCS and Cloudera for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 808 KB)
Cloudera delivers the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies.
- Cisco UCS and Hortonworks for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 808 KB)
Hortonworks has a singular focus and commitment to drive innovation in the open exclusively via the Apache Software Foundation: 100 percent open source with zero proprietary extensions.
- Cisco UCS and IBM for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 503 KB)
IBM BigInsights for Apache Hadoop introduces new analytics and enterprise capabilities for Hadoop, including machine learning using IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Big R, IBM Big SQL enhancements, and current open-source Apache packages, to help data scientists, analysts, and administrators accelerate data science tasks.
- Cisco UCS and MapR for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 844 KB)
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses.
- Cisco UCS and Splunk for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 805 KB)
Splunk, Inc., provides the leading software platform for real-time business intelligence at enterprise scale. Splunk software enables organizations to search, monitor, analyze, and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors, and mobile devices.
- Cisco UCS and Platfora for Big Data Infographic (PDF - 804 KB)
Platform’s Big Data Analytics platform is the fastest way to go from raw data to analytics. Born in the Big Data era, Platfora’s end-to-end platform replaces the need for ETL, Data Warehousing, and BI tools.
IoE Data Engineering Challenges
Overcome IoE challenges with MapR and Cisco Big Data solutionsRead White Paper
Better Big Data Performance
Learn the many benefits of Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data. (3:00 min)Watch Now
Big Data Infographic
Learn about the 5 Must-Haves for Your Big Data Infrastructure (PDF - 925 KB )Download Paper
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data integrates industry-leading computing, networking, and management capabilities into a unified, fabric-based architecture optimized for big data workloads.
Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data is a highly efficient, scalable, high-performance solution that can help your organization grow quickly and cost-effectively. Use it to deliver insights faster, and reduce total cost of ownership (TCO). Cisco UCS for Big Data innovations allow you to unlock the intelligence in your data to help you create a sustainable, competitive business advantage.
As enterprise big data workloads increase in size and complexity, the network will play a crucial role in ensuring workloads are completed and insights are timely delivered. Cisco offers an ideal solution to solve network constraints caused by increasing network traffic: Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
ACI can apply big data policies to dynamically load balance big data flows across racks in a multi-rack cluster. ACI can detect congestion on the top-of-rack switches and then re-route big data traffic using alternate pathways. The result is often triple-digit percentage improvements in the workload completion times and throughput of big data jobs.
From Insight to Impact, your Edge is Cisco
The true value from data and analytics comes from acting on the insights found when connecting the unconnected.
Cisco brings together data and analytics in a way no other company can. We can connect more people, processes, data, and things than any other company. Our proven network expertise translates to domain expertise for hyper distributed data environments. Cisco’s powerful computing infrastructure enables you to make informed decisions using all of your data assets, whether in motion or at rest, all connected securely by Cisco’s intelligent network.
We can also bring analytics to data wherever it is. No matter how big or how remote, we can help you turn information into insights almost instantly: insights you can use to change behavior, capture opportunity, respond to threats, and improve your business.
Learn more about comprehensive data and analytics solutions from Cisco and our partners.
Why Analytics Matter
Organizations need intelligence in order to make decisions about their business. Analytics are required to gather this intelligence. Yet, the traditional approach of moving data to a centralized data store for analysis doesn’t work in today’s IoE world. Data is widely distributed, has a short shelf life, or there is just too much to move fast enough.
Cisco Connected Analytics for the IoE, a family of pre-packaged analytics software, gives organizations the tools to take on this data challenge directly. Each analytics package is designed to give organizations across industries access to real-time information, predictions, and trends that can have an immediate impact on your business.
- Cisco Streaming Analytics platform delivers predictive, actionable insight from high-velocity streams of live data from multiple sources, enabling real-time governance and immediate actions
- Cisco Connected Analytics packaged software solutions enables insight from data, turning insight into action in near real-time
Quickly Turn Data into Actionable Strategy
In conjunction with Connected Analytics, we offer data virtualization, sophisticated data analytics consulting, and data science services. All three offerings integrate seamlessly across Cisco infrastructure to help you instantly capture, analyze, and interpret critical data at the network edge.
Cisco and our certified partners provide a unique ability to help you take advantage of existing infrastructure, access data wherever it is, and provide real-time streaming analytics at the edge. We bring you powerful capabilities to turn your insight into impact.
- Cisco Data Virtualization is data integration software that accesses data anywhere
- Cisco Data Preparationenables non-technical analysts gather, explore, cleanse, combine, and enrich raw data
- Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler workload automation solution manages diverse business processes across applications, systems, and environments
Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data
Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data provides a single-touch solution that automates deployment of Hadoop on leading UCS CPA for Big Data infrastructure. It also provides a single management pane across both physical infrastructure and Hadoop software. All elements of the infrastructure are handled automatically with minimal user input. Through this approach, configuration of physical compute, storage, and networking infrastructure is integrated with the deployment of operating systems, Java packages, and Hadoop along with the provisioning of Hadoop services. It is also integrated with major Hadoop distributions to help ensure consistent and repeatable cluster configuration, relieving customers from manual operations.
Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data offers:
Simplicity and Agility
Because the solution extends the service profile into the Hadoop application space, you gain a reliable and consistent mechanism to not only define the infrastructure, but also the Hadoop services running on the cluster. Hadoop admins get a systemwide perspective, which allows them to correlate Hadoop activity with network and compute activity on the Hadoop nodes.
Out-of-the-Box High Performance and Scalability
Built on top of UCS CPA for Big Data, this product delivers a Hadoop cluster designed for high performance and massive scalability.
Extensible and Programmable Management Framework
You can use the open northbound REST API to customize the solution, build add-on services, or integrate it with third-party applications.
Big data environments are pushing the performance limits of business processing solutions. Platforms such as Hadoop can help analyze large amounts of complex, unstructured data, but they require time-consuming management and can create service-level agreement (SLA) performance bottlenecks.
Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler provides workload automation that facilitates the flow of data between a wide variety of applications like Hadoop, cutting costs and increasing the value realized from big data.
Cisco UCS Director Express
- Automate Big Data Environment (PDF - 200 KB)
Cisco Unified Data Center solutions for MapR increase business and IT agility
- Control Big Data Management Costs (PDF - 171 KB)
Cisco helps reduce the time and risk of deploying and managing Hadoop infrastructures.
Intel, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Integra: Moving into a new world of next-generation telecom services with Cisco UCS, ACI, and Splunk (PDF - 721 KB)
- Union Hospital: leverage Cisco and Splunk for reliable, secure foundation for electronic health records (PDF - 716 KB)
- MSA: Putting the Power of Data to Work with MapR and Cisco (PDF - 823 KB)
- Liaison: Going Big(Data) with MapR Hadoop and Cisco UCS (PDF - 2.2 MB)
- Quantium: New niche in Data Analytics Market with MapR and Cisco UCS (PDF - 2.86 MB)
- Solutionary: Boosts Security with Cisco and MapR Technologies (PDF - 759 KB)
- Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure For Big Data And Analytics with Cloudera and Apache Spark (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Cisco UCS for Big Data Overview Brochure (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Cisco UCS and Cloudera Brochure (PDF - 4.1 MB)
- Cisco UCS and Cloudera Solution Brief (PDF - 528 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Hortonworks Brochure (PDF - 3.1 MB)
- Cisco UCS and Hortonworks Solution Brief (PDF - 450 KB)
- Cisco UCS and IBM Solution Brief (PDF - 1.2 MB)
- Cisco UCS and MapR Brochure (PDF - 890 KB)
- Cisco UCS and MapR Solution Brief (PDF - 264 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Platfora Solution Brief (PDF - 661 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Platfora security analytics At A Glance (PDF - 541 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Platfora Customer Analytics At A Glance (PDF - 587 KB)
- Cisco UCS and SAS Solution Brief (PDF - 487 KB)
- Cisco UCS and SAP Solution Brief (PDF - 499 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Splunk Solution Brief (PDF - 345 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Splunk Security Analytics Solution Brief (PDF - 909 KB)
- Cisco UCS and Splunk IT Operations Solution Brief (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Cisco and Data Prep Solution Brief (PDF - 373 KB)
- Cisco and Vormetric Solution Brief (PDF - 374 KB)
- Cisco UCS benchmark results for TPC Express HS (TPCs-HS) (PDF - 138 KB)
- Cloudera-Intel-Cisco Hadoop Benchmark TOI (External) What matters in a Hadoop Cluster? (PDF - 5.9 MB)
- Optimize Data Engineering with MapR & Cisco (PDF - 569 KB)
- Building a Datacenter Infrastructure to Support Your Big Data Plans (PDF - 567 KB)