Unified Management for Multidomain Carrier Networks
Over the past decade, carrier networks have become increasingly complex due to heterogeneity—consisting of multiple devices, technologies, and applications that serve multiple client access and service domains. Moving forward, the increasing demand for cloud-based applications and services that rely on a highly intelligent network for service assurance is expected to place more pressure on network operations. Service providers are evolving their network architectures and design to accommodate the changes in service requirements and to deliver a wide range of services to a very broad customer base.
helps address the primary challenge in operating and managing such a complex network—the disparate tools and systems. It provides an integrated approach to meet the scale and efficiency required for service providers to remain competitive.
Cisco Prime Carrier Management is an integrated suite of software applications that simplifies the lifecycle management of carrier-grade networks. It is a flexible, end-to-end solution for managing multiple service domains across the entire network—from subscriber access all the way to the data center—supporting voice, video, mobile, cloud, and managed services. See Figure 1.
Cisco Prime Carrier Management helps service providers to:
● Improve business agility by accelerating service deployments through a powerful and integrated approach to operations and by automating design, fulfillment, assurance, and analysis tasks
● Reduce total cost of ownership through a unified management of the entire carrier network, supporting multiple domains
● Achieve unparalleled manageability of Cisco® equipment and technologies—the Cisco Advantage—through deep modeling of the network
● Enhance customer experience by facilitating proactive service assurance
● Enjoy deployment flexibility by adopting the solution components as an integrated suite or incrementally as business needs evolve
The Cisco Prime Carrier Management suite consists of:
● Increases efficiencies in network and service lifecycle management tasks through centralized access to integrated operator workflows.
● Accelerates service deployments through rapid, automated and profile-based provisioning.
● Improves quality of service (QoS) by gathering actionable performance statistics across the entire network.
● Helps manage the optical network with scalability through automated configuration, provisioning, and troubleshooting.
● Provides comprehensive device operation, administration, and fault management for carrier networks and services, supporting multivendor environments.
Architectural Use Cases
The Cisco Prime Carrier Management supports the following use cases:
Simplifies the lifecycle management of Carrier Ethernet, Unified Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Packet Optical Transport, and Cable Access networks through intelligent and automated management. Cisco Prime for EPN supports highly scalable core, aggregation, and access equipment, including the Series Routers, the Series Routers, and the Series Routers.
● Helps provide outstanding mobile service assurance through integrated operator workflows across small cells, Unified Radio Access Network (RAN) Backhaul and Evolved Packet Core. Cisco Prime for Mobility supports solutions, including the , the core multimedia services platforms and the platforms.
● Enhances cloud service assurance through simplified fault monitoring and performance management of data center resources. Cisco Prime for Data Center Assurance is tightly aligned with the Cisco Unified Data Center architecture and supports a breadth of data center computing, networking, and storage devices and platforms, including servers, Series Switches, and solutions.
About Cisco Prime
The Cisco Prime portfolio of IT and service provider management offerings empowers organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Built on a service-centered foundation, Cisco Prime supports integrated lifecycle management through an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience—providing A-to-Z management for evolved programmable networks, mobility, video, cloud, and managed services.
For More Information
For more information on Cisco Prime products for carrier-grade networks, please email.